Author Topic: The Battle Begins - Getting Nightmare to Eat Raw  (Read 8314 times)

Offline Mo

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
Re: The Battle Begins - Getting Nightmare to Eat Raw
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2012, 10:12:13 PM »
 fireworks1 fireworks1 fireworks1 fireworks1 fireworks1 fireworks1 fireworks1 fireworks1 fireworks1

If you couldn't guess what all the fireworks mean - he ate it all!  Fairly good sized chunks of beef heart that had nothing on top to try trick him into eating it.  

He took the biggest pieces and ate them on top of his carrier.  I think he is starting to get it and really does recognize chunks of raw meat as food! thumbsup1

fireworks1 fireworks1 fireworks1 fireworks1 fireworks1 fireworks1 fireworks1 fireworks1 fireworks1

Offline CarnivorousCritter

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2012, 11:32:24 PM »
 :)  Wow, way to go, MO!!!!!!   multistars happydance1 yaygif DrLisaPiersonWorthy DrLisaPiersonWorthy

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2012, 06:46:08 AM »
I've been reading a lot of raw transition threads lately.  I don't see myself making their food, too worried about doing it wrong.  There are no sources of commercial raw where I live.

But just for the heck of it, when I roasted a chicken on Sunday, I tore the heart into little pieces and gave it to the cats.  Only one would eat it, and she devoured it. Next I cut up some of the liver, but got no takers, though the one who ate the heart thought about it for a long time before she decided it wasn't food after all.

Congratulations on Nightmare's conversion.  How's he doing in the large crate? Does he show any signs of stress or wanting to get out?

Offline Amber

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2012, 04:28:07 PM »
Congratulations on another big step to fully converting Nightmare! woohoogif

MC, if messing up is your concern (and its one I completely underdstand), would a premix like Alnutrin make you feel any better?

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2012, 07:36:25 AM »
Gooooooooooooooooooooood job, Mo!   DrLisaPiersonWorthy

Gooooooooooooooooooooood job, Nightmare!   cat4
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Mo

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2012, 10:15:34 PM »
He doesn't seem to stressed about it, and doesn't try to get out when I open the door.  Tomorrow I'm going to let him out right after he eats - I think he is ready!

He ate a four ounce piece of chicken breast (with bone) and an ounce of kidney tonight.  I didn't cut it down at all, it was the same size that I gave to everyone else.  So tomorrow night after he eats I am going to let him out of the crate, he is as ready as he'll get, and also must be getting sick of that cage!

Now to switch Baldy to raw Doh1

Tags: