Author Topic: Cellphone as a work phone questions  (Read 1416 times)

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Cellphone as a work phone questions
« on: May 05, 2017, 03:51:02 PM »
My "office" is in my spare bedroom.  Unfortunately, the phone company isn't able to put a phone line in this room.  I had them here years ago and the only way to do it was to go through my neighbor's unit.  So . . . Is there a cellphone or base for a cellphone that would allow me to use it as a speakerphone and also connect a headset to it so my hands are free?

I tried to Google it but wasn't sure what to use for my search.  I found bases for cellphones but I couldn't tell if they (the base) had to be plugged into a wall jack, if they had speaker capability or if there was a way to attach a headset.

Any suggestions on how to narrow down my search?  Thank you!
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Cellphone as a work phone questions
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 04:05:03 PM »
A radio station here is trying out this thing. They're giving out a lot of wild, "Look what I found!" tips every day.

http://www.samsung.com/us/business/discover/galaxy-s8/
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 04:06:21 PM »
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 09:59:31 PM »
I knew I could count on you, DeeDee.   :-* :-*  The last link looks like a possible option, though I don't have Bluetooth and wasn't planning on getting it.  The wireless headset they show might also be a problem since I wear glasses.  But it's a good place to start.

Thank you!
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Tags: