Author Topic: Hemp Oil And CBDs  (Read 689 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Hemp Oil And CBDs
« on: March 11, 2018, 12:08:28 AM »
Written by Dr. Jean Hofve DVM

As a veterinarian (and a big fan of actual science!), I have been very cautious about using or recommending any form of marijuana (Cannabis sativa, Cannabis indica, and hybrids) for pets.

Dogs and cats can become extremely ill from consuming marijuana. They are highly sensitive to the psychoactive component, THC, which interferes with neurotransmitter function. Marijuana toxicity is a serious and growing problem in pets, especially in states where medical marijuana is legal; the strains of the plant used for this purpose are extremely potent. Edibles may be very attractive to pets, and therefore pose a particular problem.

http://www.littlebigcat.com/health/hemp-oil-and-cbds/
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Hemp Oil And CBDs
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 01:11:07 AM »
I think she's got that mixed up. Hemp isn't marijuana, however both are forms of cannabis. Hemp and CBD lack the THC that marijuana has.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 06:57:06 AM »
CBD oils are widely used and recommended in the feline IBD group I belong to.  Not for me and mine.

Offline ThreeStep

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 10:20:30 AM »
Vet put ShadowCat on it when she pulled a tendon. Two drops per day and the smallest bottle her recommended source sold was 500 ml at 75$. I declined and went with traditional meds. In retrospect - she really pushes homeo during an initial visit.

Tags: