Author Topic: Hill's Prescription y/d Thyroid Health  (Read 1006 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Hill's Prescription y/d Thyroid Health
« on: June 15, 2012, 02:51:44 AM »
Snip...
Hill’s Pet Nutrition’s new diet, y/d Thyroid Health, is supposed to provide a fourth option for pet owners. My gut feeling was that it sounded too good to be true: simply change your cat’s food, and cure a potentially life-threatening disease? The ingredient list made me cringe. The dry version contains no animal protein; its protein is derived from corn gluten meal, soybean hulls and dried egg product. The canned product is only marginally better: it contains meat by-products, corn and rice.

Snip...
Having dealt with a hyperthyroid cat, and understanding the challenges of either giving twice daily medication for the rest of the cat’s life, or facing the considerable expense of the radioactive iodine treatment, I would love it if a cure could be a simple as changing a cat’s diet. However, after doing some research, I’m not convinced that it’s a simple as that, even if a cat guardian would be willing to compromise on good nutrition and feed a diet with what I consider questionable ingredients.

Read more here:
http://consciouscat.net/2012/06/04/can-a-new-prescription-food-really-cure-your-cats-hyperthyroidism/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheConsciousCat+%28The+Conscious+Cat%29
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: