Author Topic: Cat Daddy  (Read 1919 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Cat Daddy
« on: June 16, 2012, 12:18:24 AM »
Anyone read it yet?

Jackson Galaxy has been called everything from a cat trainer to a cat shrink. Drawing on his years of experience in animal shelters and as a consultant working one-on-one with thousands of cats in their homes, his unique “Cat Mojo” approach offers people a deeper understanding of why their cats act out in the ways they do. Galaxy maintains a private consulting practice in Los Angeles. Visit the author’s website at: Jacksongalaxy.com

http://www.amazon.com/Cat-Daddy-Worlds-Incorrigible-Taught/dp/1585429376/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339823740&sr=8-1&keywords=cat+daddy
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Cat Daddy
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 09:52:12 PM »
Finally ordered it and read it.  Anyone else read it?

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 06:07:32 PM »
I enjoyed the book, but he kinda bummed me out when there was no mention of the evils of kibble... and there was plenty of opportunity.  I ASSuMEd he was aware of kibble causing diseases.  His friendship and/or business relationship with http://www.littlebigcat.com/category/nutrition/   .. would surely clue him in! 

He has a Twitter account.  A TV show.  He uses Facebook.  Lots of platforms to speak.  People like him.  People listen to him.  He could do a lot of good.  I had so much hope that he could/would make a difference.  Ya know... get the word out.  Educate pet owners.  Save thousands of cats.

I do follow him on Facebook, but I don't read many of his posts... well, because I'm still bummed.   Bumpurr1 

Today he gave me hope.  Instead of his usual rescue story or fluff post...

Once again my friend Ingrid King of The Conscious Cat drops the knowledge on #TeamCatMojo!

Just in case you need another reason to get your cats on a grain-free wet food, remember...hairballs are not normal!

>>> www.jgalaxy.us/1h7V0iY

He may have posted other "No Kibble" posts, and I just missed them.  I have been sulking for quite a while.   ;D

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 07:31:43 PM »
Well I read the book out of curiosity. I asked him once in Twitter about what he thought was best for cats. I'm not at all sure why he passed the chance by in the book, since he said in Twitter that he definitely thinks that raw is best, and after that, carefully selected canned. I asked because it came up when he was on Cats 101, and they were talking about the Chausie breed (Jackson starts right before 3 minute mark).

I was really curious about them only being able to eat raw meat. (You'll make Chausies sick if you feed them anything else.) So I asked him since he what he thought about raw for all cats since he was the one who was giving the info:

http://www.animalplanet.com/tv-shows/cats-101/videos/chausie.htm
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 04:17:40 PM »
I watched Cats101 once.  They said cats with the "M," on their foreheads are all Main Coons.  Dumbest thing I ever heard.  Never watched it again... can't imagine what other "helpful" info they tell. 

Anyway...  I did watch the above video.  Too bad it wasn't mentioned that ALL cats are meat eaters. 

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 04:43:38 PM »
In his book, and in my personal stinky opinion... I felt Jackson missed a HUGE opportunity to address, mention, drop hints, etc. the horrors from feeding kibble krap.  In fact, I held a littttttle bit of a grudge. 

Well... my opinion must have got to him.   Silly7  He has redeemed himself.  STARRING Margaret Gates from www.Feline-Nutrition.org  :)

« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 04:51:41 PM by Lola »

Tags: