Author Topic: Welcome DeeDee!  (Read 4966 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Welcome DeeDee!
« on: July 30, 2012, 05:02:00 PM »
Glad you joined us!   :-*

Any questions....just ask.  Otherwise, jump on in.
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Pookie

• Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Re: Welcome DeeDee!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 05:02:57 PM »
Welcome!  We're glad you joined us!

welcome5 welcome2 welcome4 welcome1
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline CarnivorousCritter

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 05:24:57 PM »
Hi, DeeDee!!   welcome4 welcome5 welcome2 welcome2

Offline FurMonster Mom

• Charter Member
  • Gabster
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 07:09:26 PM »
woo hoo! fresh...
mind..

dance1 purplekat dancingbanana tiggerbounce multistars bananamiddlechild yaygif happydance1

(admit it... you thought I was going to say "meat" didn't ya  :P)
meow meow meow meow meow meow? -woof!
Translation: "I can has my raw food? -please!"

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 08:20:02 PM »
Thank you all SO much! Barkly & Vlad send you millions of   :-* :-* They're my replacement children.

I'm so glad I found a place for information from pet-parents that really care about their babies as much as I do & who aren't ready to drink the  koolaid1

I can't tell you how sick I am of BigParma and BigFood trying to keep us under their thumbs! I'm so  :D to meet you all!
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 09:11:24 PM »
Hi Dee Dee welcome to you, Barkley and Vlad!  :-* HeadButt

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 05:40:02 PM »
Need more pictures of your furkids.  IF you want...
http://parenting-furkids.com/index.php?action=gallery   :-*

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2012, 01:23:09 AM »
Need more pictures of your furkids.  IF you want...
http://parenting-furkids.com/index.php?action=gallery   :-*

Finally done. It took a bit of time for me to resize some of my favs. I'll get more photos of Vlad as he grows. It's really hard to get photos of him where you can see anything much at all though. I'm finding it VERY hard to get photos of something that's so black that it all just blurs together.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2012, 08:25:50 AM »
I've been looking at your precious pups in your gallery.  I went to the end, and followed the progression chronologically..  Vlad and Barkly have such gorgeous coats! What kind of dog is Vlad and how big is he going to get?

I'm so sorry for your recent losses of Dannyboy and Sharky. Looks like Barkly was very sad to lose the dog who probably raised him and happy to have a new giant friend to cuddle with!

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2012, 11:46:13 AM »
Vlad and Barkly have such gorgeous coats! What kind of dog is Vlad and how big is he going to get?

I'm so sorry for your recent losses of Dannyboy and Sharky. Looks like Barkly was very sad to lose the dog who probably raised him and happy to have a new giant friend to cuddle with!

Vlad is a Black Russian Terrier and he will be anywhere between 100-130# once he's finally grown. Here is the international (in.+cm. lbs-kg given) growth chart that breeders encourage you to keep up with for the 1st 10-mths: http://siberiandarkness.com/growth.htm   They mature a lot slower than other breeds (and it has to be encouraged so their bones develop properly), so we won't know his actual size until he's somewhere between 18-24 mths. Airedales were one of the first breeds used to develop them, so he's got a lot of Dannyboy's traits. It's just not like looking at a mirror of Dannyboy which is helping me.

Thank you. I'm still not quite over it all, but I've had to do what was best for my kids--animal AND human. Barkly was VERY sad for 6 weeks before we got him a new friend--though he was very subdued for the 2 weeks before I had to make the decision. He almost quit eating anything & we were considering some antidepressants until we could get him a new friend b/c of that. He automatically became happy when we brought Vlad home.

However, it was nothing like Dannyboy losing Sharkly. We all watched Sharkly just fall dead right before us on a Sunday night 3 weeks after the seizures began--I have to add here that this was a week after my father-in-law died so my son (actually his dog) was home on leave from deployment to see it. (A month later I started finding tumors in Danny and they didn't recommend another surgery after it was determined there was no way they could remove them all) Dannyboy became a demanding monster that wouldn't let me leave him alone in the house until we got Barkly. We took him with us to pick up Barkly & the clinging just quit within 24 hrs. of getting Barkly.

I can honestly say that from Jan 2011 to Jan 2012 has been the crappiest year of my life. Some days it all just rushes back at me in a huge wave and makes it hard to even breathe, so I sit down in the floor hugging my new babies while trying to stop the crying. I know that alarms them, but they're amazingly patient until it's over with--to me, dogs are the most wonderful beings on earth.

Thank you! I think their coats are the way they are b/c I feed raw. I know they're a lot healthier looking than any other dogs I've ever had before--and I'm hoping the outside is showing the truth about the inside. I'm hoping with my studying canine cancer prevention through limited vaccination (titer tests) and diet that I can prevent it from ever happening to this family again. (I know the dogs of my childhood lasted a lot longer without these problems living on their very limited amounts of processed dog food diets.) Though I've had dogs all my life, Danny & Sharkly were my first "replacement children" who got a lot more attention than others had once the boys were in late teens and growing away from mom.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2012, 10:14:05 PM »
By the way.  I meant to say this in my last post.  My heartfelt thanks to your son and to all of your family, for the sacrifices you make in serving our country.

I was thinking just that about their coats, that you can tell these are raw fed dogs!

I make those kind of comparisons too, with the cat people I know who feed their cats kibble.  And usually the junkiest of kibble, besides.  I have a friend I love very much, but her cat looks...so sick, compared to my can fed cats.  I go to her house and I want to cry, her cat looks so awful.  When she comes to my house I wonder, can't she notice the difference?  I've tried to talk to her about feeding him better, but she shrugs it off.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2012, 12:30:09 AM »
Thank you, MC!

We're extremely proud of both of our sons. Our youngest worries us a lot with his thrill-seeking personality, but he's happy & successful at what he does, so we can't ask for more for him. :D 

I stuck his latest medals in my gallery, but sorry I only know what 2 of them actually mean without looking them all up & honestly, that's a pain. I love him, but still...

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2012, 01:20:53 PM »
I just wanted to thank YOU for joining PF and ... for alllll your wonderful and informative posts.   :-*

Tags: