Author Topic: Introduction to Rad Cat Raw 9-1-12  (Read 29099 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Introduction to Rad Cat Raw 9-1-12
« on: September 02, 2012, 10:36:28 AM »
I go into the kitchen and say “Are you hungry?

Top Cat (TC)  and Struvite Kitty (SK) say “Yes!”

Little Cat (LC) says “Let's see what you're offering first”

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
Re: Introduction to Rad Cat Raw 9-1-12
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 10:37:33 AM »
So I get the fixings out: the regular canned food for SK and TC (they eat different foods, SK's food has a blue lid, TC's has a red lid), pumpkin for TC, Stella&Chewy's freeze dried raw for LC and one ounce of Rad Cat raw chicken to be divided amongst the three meals:

SK and TC go to their Meal Spots

LC says she will reserve judgment until she sees what is being offered

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 10:38:51 AM »
SK's canned food normally, SK's food with Rad Cat raw chicken on the side

What SK does with it (tries to pick out the canned):

I don't like it Mommie

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 10:39:32 AM »
LC's freeze dried raw (re-hydrated) normally and with Rad Cat raw chicken on top

LC  ate the Rad Cat raw topping and a portion of the S&C.

then came back for the rest in a few minutes, as is her habit:

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 10:40:21 AM »
TC, as the fastest eater, gets fed last.

TC's canned meal with pumpkin added, and with the raw on the side

TC had her plate cleaned before I could take a picture of her enjoying it, but here you will see how much she likes the Rad Cat raw, as I offer her the leftover amount from last night's experiment.

Click on picture to play short video

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 10:40:45 AM »
Here is some video I took while all three were enjoying (or not) their first taste of Rad Cat frozen raw, chicken

(click on picture to play video)

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 10:41:24 AM »
PS After SK refused to eat her food with the raw blob on the side, I gave her a clean dish of "uncontaminated" food. I won't let her go without a meal, she gets really sick.

I have ordered the Forti Flora.   (forti flora, while not the best probiotic available to cats, is often used for food transitions because most cats cannot resist the taste/smell of it.  It's the animal digest in it.  catsterpuke  )

Tonight we will try the turkey.

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say no to Kibble Krack
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2012, 11:42:18 AM »
Thats great MC, great pics. I have found that if I ignore Shadow (leave the room) she will eat it, I know weird. Also if I sprinkle some holistic select transition on the raw she likes that, and she will eat it. Also putting the raw on a seperate plate gets her interested. She may not eat it right away, but usually comes back to it.
did you add water to the Rad cat? The carnivora that I use isnt as liquidy as your Rad cat. Is there bone in it? is it fine ground?
"Education is the key" to make informed decisions about the health of our pets

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2012, 11:54:46 AM »
Thanks for looking and for the tips!

No water added to the Rad Cat. It is watery when thawed.  My cats are used to watery, so that is not a problem.

The food is    DrLisaPiersonWorthy beautiful!

I have thought of using a separate plate for the raw, and may try that with SK next time. Thanks for reinforcing. 

Can't leave it and walk away, TC will eat it.  funny2

If the Forti Flora doesn't work I might try the Holistic Select, but SK is very particular now.She didn't used to be but those years on the c/d kibble did a lot of damage, and not just to her digestive system.  >:(

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2012, 12:17:52 PM »
Forgot to answer your other questions

The Rad Cat does not have bone added, that is one of the reasons I chose it. (they use a bone meal mix) It is pretty well ground up.  There are no fruits and veggies, but vitamins and minerals are added.

It is a  DrLisaPiersonWorthy BEAUTIFUL food.

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say no to Kibble Krack
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2012, 01:19:38 PM »
Can you bring TC  with you, have some cuddle time, mol!!!
I wonder why they add vitamins to it?
Im going to have to take pics of my carnivora for ya so you can see the difference.
doesnt look bad, but the Elk is kinda gross looking. Its really gamey smelling. Does that make sense, lol!!
Well good luck, take things slowly, I would just get them used to the one flavour for a week, then add the other flavour next week.
"Education is the key" to make informed decisions about the health of our pets

Offline The Kittens

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
  • Respect-The-Star...Violators-Will-Be-Hung
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2012, 03:47:15 PM »
this is the kittens, at meal time   doggif

http://screen.yahoo.com/cat-can-barely-wait-for-food-30441076.html

ya gotta turn the sound UP

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2012, 06:47:18 PM »

I wonder why they add vitamins to it?

Well good luck, take things slowly, I would just get them used to the one flavour for a week, then add the other flavour next week.

The vitamins and minerals are added because it's a ground food.  Vitamins and minerals are lost in the grinding.

Thanks for the tip on staying with one protein at a time.  Okay I'll do that.  I didn't get any Rad Cat out tonight, because we were out in the yard today for five hours and I know the two older girls have a belly full of grass.  I didn't want regurged Rad Cat on the carpet.  Of course since I gave them only canned, SK decided NOT to regurge. I did get a heart out though to give slivers at the end of the night.

Can you bring TC  with you, have some cuddle time, mol!!!

I already do take TC with me to keep her out of MY supper, LOL!  But that's just for a minute or two.  SK is a very slow eater.  I don't want to shut TC up while someone else is still eating any more.  I used to have to do that, not when she first came, because she learned the way things were done very quickly (no barging!), but after she'd settled in. Her very first night she was integrated I showed her where she would eat. Mazy being the slowest eater, is fed first. I already knew Jennie was a speed eater so she had to wait until last.  I turned my back to get Tolly :angel:'s food (Ootay :angel: had already been fed, too) and before I knew it Jennie had barged into Mazy's dish.  Poor Mazy looked so bewildered.  She wasn't used to cats with no manners!  However Jennie took a 'No, Jennie' very seriously in the early days.  It wasn't until 2 years later that she started her barging tricks again, she'd learned that No Jennie could be ignored sometimes, without something abusive happening, and at that point Mazy cat was given a new Meal Spot on the table.

But I still have to be the Dreaded Cat Food Police at every meal.

Im going to have to take pics of my carnivora for ya so you can see the difference.
doesnt look bad, but the Elk is kinda gross looking. Its really gamey smelling. Does that make sense, lol!!

Okay I look forward to seeing the pictures.  Yes, I know what you mean by it smells gamy.  I wouldn't like that.  :D

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2012, 04:32:53 PM »
How about a video of Miss "I don't like the raw food" eating some, and even licking the dish.

(click on picture to view video)

What happened was:

I crushed a Wysong uretic kibble (long story why we have those in the house) over 1/6 ounce of Rad Cat chicken.   I set down her canned food first and while she was eating that I set down a dish with the tiny bit of raw and dusting of crumbs.  As you can see she tucked RIGHT IN.   I barely had time to get the camera. I expected her to stick her nose in, then back away.  But as you can see she LICKED THE BOWL.  She never licks her dish clean!

Why I have the Wysong Uretic.  My cats have always enjoyed this Game we call Chase the Kibble Game.  Now that there is no kibble fed, they REALLY miss that game, especially the one who invented it here, and that is my Struvite Kitty. I miss it too.  So I got some of this Wysong Uretic, as a safe thing to give SK for Chase The Kibble Game.  We only play the game once a week, and each cat ends up eating about 10 kibbles.  So that's why I have Wysong Uretic.  And I'm glad I did because one kibble turned to powder and put on the raw, and SK ate it up.

Offline Mo

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2012, 05:12:59 PM »
 woohoogif woohoogif woohoogif

Tags: