Author Topic: Tidy Cats Pure Nature  (Read 1472 times)

Offline Amber

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
Tidy Cats Pure Nature
« on: January 29, 2013, 06:16:28 AM »
I am currently trying out this litter. My observations so far are this:

When you first open the bag, set it outside a couple of hours, otherwise the natural scent of the pine and cedar are a bit overwhelming. After that, it is a fairly light, natural scent but it DOES permeate the room/house in smaller spaces. I don't have any odor issues, but I have one cat, scoop twice daily, and her output has very little scent, so I can't comment on multicat households or canned-fed kitty odor control.

Contrary to many online reviews I have seen, it clumps just fine. Maybe not cement hard rock balls, but I have dropped one or two clumps from a decent height back into the box with no breakage. Then again, I keep my litter depth at a 3 inch minimum, so I don't know how it does if it hits the bottom.

Also contrary to online reviews, I see minimal dust (this is a big thing with me - if you have ever woken up with litter dust cement coating the entire inside of your nostrils, you know what I mean).

It DOES track; but no more so than clumping clay litter.

Unlike pure corn litters, she does not try to eat it, and 15lbs really DOES equal about 40lbs of clay litter as far as volume goes.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Tidy Cats Pure Nature
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 09:53:46 PM »
Tidy Cat was one of the first clumping litters I used years ago.  Used it for quite a while.  I don't think they had pine smelling ones back then though. 
If you can smell it... do you worry about Amber smelling it as well?  Does she do ANY sneezing? 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Amber

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
Re: Tidy Cats Pure Nature
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 02:06:54 AM »
I haven't seen her sneeze once. My logic is that a natural scent is better than unnatural perfumes and at least she isn't breathing silica dust. Is there something I don't know about wood based litter that makes this a bad idea?

Tags: