Author Topic: Something Chocolate to Die for  (Read 876 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Something Chocolate to Die for
« on: April 13, 2014, 03:58:30 PM »
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/515662226056489982/

Fixes I made for me: Gluten-free and Dairy free:

1. Flour http://glutenfreerecipebox.com/jules-gluten-free-all-purpose-flour-blend/
2. Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips

Crockpot Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe
Author: Brett
Recipe type: Dessert Cuisine: American

This chocolate lava cake is almost too sweet. Almost.
Ingredients
1 C. Sugar + ½ C. sugar (set aside)
1 C. flour
3 Tbs. unsweetened cocoa powder + 3 Tbs. cocoa powder (set aside)
2 tsp. Baking powder
1 tsp. Salt
3 tbs. butter or margarine, melted
1 tsp. Vanilla
12 oz. chocolate chips
2 C. hot water
Instructions
Using a non-stick spray grease the inside of your crockpot. I’d even recommend using one of those disposable crockpot liners.
#1. In a medium size bowl combine flour, 3 tbs. of cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside (see photo).
#2. In another bowl, combine the sugar, vanilla and melted butter. Next, slowly fold the dry mixture in and mix well (see photo)
#3. Pour the batter into your greased crockpot. Pour the 12 oz. of chocolate chips on top of the batter. (see photo).
#4. Combine your 2 cups of hot water, 3 tbs. of cocoa powder and the ½ C. of sugar you set aside earlier. Stir until the sugar is melted. Slowly pour the mixture over the top of your batter and chocolate chips (see photo).
Cook on high for approximately 2 hours but keep an eye on it – especially the sides. You don’t want it to start burning. If it does, turn the crockpot down. Cook for 2 hours on high and then another 2 hours on low.
*Cook time may depend on your crockpot so keep an eye on it. Makes approximately 6 servings.
Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream on the side. Yum!

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Tags: