Author Topic: Jennie's first chicken neck!  (Read 1974 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Jennie's first chicken neck!
« on: December 29, 2014, 04:20:48 PM »
bananamiddlechild

She gets a bone in meal every Sunday but just a wing tip or wing middle usually, up till now I've been afraid to try the chicken neck.  I finally got brave enough.  She's a Champ!

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Jennie's first chicken neck!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 10:54:43 AM »
When her eyes were HUGE...I was thinking it was stuck too...was holding my breath. 
I like how she ate OVER her plate...instead of dragging it away.
Will she also get her normal amount of meal sizes?
Why did Queen Eva get just a "sample?" 
Mazy is VERY patient!  lol
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 01:41:22 PM »
You are a braver soul than I.  I'd have been a wreck, thinking OMG she's going to choke on it, or it's stuck, or . . .  DrLisaPiersonWorthy

Ditto.  I think Pookie would grab it and run to his "den" under the daybed, which would make me even more nervous because I couldn't see him very well and make sure he was ok.

Where do you get the chicken necks?

I love how she was telling you to hurry up and put the plate down!   funny2
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 02:05:18 PM by Pookie »
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 05:39:52 PM »
When her eyes were HUGE...I was thinking it was stuck too...was holding my breath. 
Will she also get her normal amount of meal sizes?
Why did Queen Eva get just a "sample?" 
Mazy is VERY patient!  lol

The weight of the chicken neck is added to her total quota for the day.  She gets 3.9 oz a day, currently. That neck weighed 1.2 oz, but I gave queen Eva .2 oz of it (cut up small) so Jennie had an ounce to herself.

Jennie has dragged food off the plate from time to time, I was very surprised that she didn't, with this, but I think she was just so into it.  Usually when she drags, I follow her pushing the plate under her where ever she goes.  She just loves tucking into a boney meal.  LOVES it.

You are a braver soul than I.  I'd have been a wreck, thinking OMG she's going to choke on it, or it's stuck, or . . .  DrLisaPiersonWorthy

Ditto.  I think Pookie would grab it and run to his "den" under the daybed, which would make me even more nervous because I couldn't see him very well and make sure he was ok.

Where do you get the chicken necks?

The necks came from the packet of giblets in the middle of the chicken I roasted for my Sunday dinner the Sunday before Christmas.

I love how she was telling you to hurry up and put the plate down!   funny2

Hahaha!  Jennie ALWAYS tells me to hurry up.  Gosh I wish you could see this new Hurry Up Dance she's started.  Since she is the fastest eater she is the last to be fed.  Lately she does this funny thing where, as she is meowing she stands up on her hind feet walks her front paws across the cupboard door a few steps, then drops, then does it again, and again and again.  It is priceless but I haven't been able to catch her on video because usually my hands are a bit..mucky while preparing her meals.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 06:07:19 PM »
Jenny's "dance" sounds adorable!!!  Awwwwww, the little things that bring us so much joy...
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 08:23:27 AM »
I've been trying to get some vieo of it.  She wont' cooperate, as soon as I point the camera at her she goes back to circling on the floor instead of the oven or cupboard door (I did get some of her doing it on the oven, will sort it out in a bit)

Tags: