Author Topic: The Litter Box Roller  (Read 11320 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: The Litter Box Roller
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2017, 09:36:09 PM »
Yes I would still call it low dust. Just not as low as it used to be.

I can't find it locally any more.  I have to order it from Amazon at highway robbery prices.  There is a little grocery store where I go to pick up Rad Cat that carries it, at half the Amazon price. When I go to get the Rad Cat I stop at this store and confess, I strip the shelves of it. They usually have 2 or 3 jugs.  I take them all.  I feel terrible and selfish doing it, but it's the only litter I can tolerate aside from the smart grass. Then I cancel my Amazon subscription for that month.

It does seem to not be available at very many places.  I wonder if they are planning to do away with it.  Leave a review.... maybe that will inspire them not to.
https://catspride.com/our-products/scoopable-natural/

I paid a bit less then 10 bucks, at my local grocery store.  I thought THAT was pricey (compared to Dr Elseys Precious Cat), but the prices online... whoa!   

Do you call in an order of RadCat at your local store?  If you do, tell them you want x amount of jugs of litter as well.  Have the UPC number handy.  They can order ahead just for you.  You can then be guilt free about stripping their shelves bare.  :) 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2017, 09:57:28 PM »
It does seem to not be available at very many places.  I wonder if they are planning to do away with it.  Leave a review.... maybe that will inspire them not to.
https://catspride.com/our-products/scoopable-natural/

I paid a bit less then 10 bucks, at my local grocery store.  I thought THAT was pricey (compared to Dr Elseys Precious Cat), but the prices online... whoa!   

Do you call in an order of RadCat at your local store?  If you do, tell them you want x amount of jugs of litter as well.  Have the UPC number handy.  They can order ahead just for you.  You can then be guilt free about stripping their shelves bare.  :) 

First of all I don't call anyone for anything, if I can avoid it. Seriously.

Neither store is exactly local.  It's a 40 minute drive. I guess some people wouldn't consider that far. I do. It takes a chunk of time, you know? I order my Rad Cat by e mail to the pet specialty store.  They order it in special for me.  They tried carrying it but it wasn't selling.

Calling the grocery store and asking them to hold the cat litter for me is beyond my capabilities. I just take my chances.  If they don't have it,(which has happened a couple of times) I know I have the Amazon subscription coming, and have learned my lesson and I keep a large back stock.  In spite of my lack of space. 

I have two jugs in my car and 4 in the house.  I never go below 6 jugs in store, because I have run out and had to use other horrible litters.

They aren't discontinuing it.  I've written to them countless times about it.  They assure me it is not discontinued and send me coupons for fresh & light.

Stores just, for I don't know what reason, have stopped carrying it. They carry other formulas of Cat's Pride.  When my local grocery store where I always bought it stopped carrying it I tried all the other local stores.  They all carry other formulas of the Cat's Pride.  That Fresh & Light crap in the green jug.  Ever tried it?  It's disgusting, it's black and turns to mush. I can't understand why anyone would use it.  And ALL of the sores, the majority of their selection is SCENTED.  I feel so sorry for the cats of the world having to use those horrible litters.

Anyway.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2017, 10:30:21 PM »
You said...
There is a little grocery store where I go to pick up Rad Cat that carries it,

That made me think that you get the litter from the same place.  If you do... when you order the RaCat, ask them to order the litter also.   
After reading your last post, I am now thinking you make a separate stop at another store.  If so, they can also order extra for you.  You can ask them about it, when you stop in next time.

If I am still confused... just ignore me.   Silly7

Yes, I tried another kind of CatsPride a long-ish time ago.  I hated it. 

I'm with you about scented litters.  BTDT... never again. 
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 10:36:01 PM by Lola »

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2017, 07:27:35 AM »
You said...
That made me think that you get the litter from the same place.  If you do... when you order the RaCat, ask them to order the litter also.   
After reading your last post, I am now thinking you make a separate stop at another store.  If so, they can also order extra for you.  You can ask them about it, when you stop in next time.

If I am still confused... just ignore me.   Silly7

Yes, I tried another kind of CatsPride a long-ish time ago.  I hated it. 

I'm with you about scented litters.  BTDT... never again. 

Yeah I can see how you were confused. Very bad wording on my part haha!

I meant a different store.  Same town, same road different store.  And no I can't ask, even to save $7 a jug. (yes the price difference is $7!) Even asking for the Rad Cat is a tremendously stressful ordeal, and I've been doing it for years. Don't worry, I don't except anyone else to understand my own neurosis.  But I can't do it.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2018, 07:42:09 PM »
Emptied and washed litter boxes.  Filled some of them up with "your" litter MC.  Arrows rolled in one right away.  I blame you.   Silly7

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2018, 07:37:10 PM »
Emptied and washed litter boxes.  Filled some of them up with "your" litter MC.  Arrows rolled in one right away.  I blame you.   Silly7

lol. Must be he loves it so much he wants to claim it as his right away.  funny2

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2018, 03:40:56 PM »
Her tail is giving me fits haha, so very active!

LOL Brandon, I know isn't it funny?  Pendulum Tail I call it.

She is now asking to be wiped down even when she hasn't been rolling in the litter and is not covered in dust with litter ground into her fur.

She still tells me when she is, but even if she's all clean she will sometimes ask to be wiped down.  And she is very demanding about it, there is no mistaking what she wants when she paws at me and shouts when I am at the bathroom sink washing my hands or brushing my teeth.  funny2 funny2.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2018, 09:14:06 AM »
LOL Brandon, I know isn't it funny?  Pendulum Tail I call it.

She is now asking to be wiped down even when she hasn't been rolling in the litter and is not covered in dust with litter ground into her fur.

She still tells me when she is, but even if she's all clean she will sometimes ask to be wiped down.  And she is very demanding about it, there is no mistaking what she wants when she paws at me and shouts when I am at the bathroom sink washing my hands or brushing my teeth.  funny2 funny2.

Slow human that I am, I have finally figured out what she is doing.

Not the rolling part. As far as I know she hasn't done that very much lately.  But the demanding to be wiped down with a damp paper towel has continued.

She has trained me to give her Professional Grooming Services. After I wrote that last post she hadn't asked to be wiped down for a while (except if she has rolled in the litter) so I was starting to think I had imagined it.

Until yesterday when it all became clear. I was washing my hands in the bathroom and she demanded very loudly and with many slaps of her paws that I wipe her down with a paper towel damped with nice warm water.

Of course I did so.  She seemed to require several re-wettings of the towel.  After the wiping, as usual, I started combing her.  First all over her damp back and flanks, then she grabbed my hand holding the comb, lifted her chin and directed me there.  And it all became clear.  After combing her damp back, the comb was still damp enough to provide some wetness to her chin and chest.

I finally understood that this is a special grooming procedure she has decided she requires.

What a special funny girl she is.  So thankful she is in our lives.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2018, 09:48:12 AM »
Does she pay extra for blow drying?

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2018, 10:03:26 AM »
Does she pay extra for blow drying?

She pay? I would imagine, in a cat's mind,  I should be paying HER for the privileged of providing these services to her. Silly7

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2018, 10:47:20 AM »
She pay? I would imagine, in a cat's mind,  I should be paying HER for the privileged of providing these services to her. Silly7

Good point!  HA HA HA

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2018, 12:13:00 PM »
Until yesterday when it all became clear. I was washing my hands in the bathroom and she demanded very loudly and with many slaps of her paws that I wipe her down with a paper towel damped with nice warm water.

Of course I did so.  She seemed to require several re-wettings of the towel.  After the wiping, as usual, I started combing her.  First all over her damp back and flanks, then she grabbed my hand holding the comb, lifted her chin and directed me there.  And it all became clear.  After combing her damp back, the comb was still damp enough to provide some wetness to her chin and chest.

I finally understood that this is a special grooming procedure she has decided she requires.

funny2 funny2 funny2 funny2 funny2
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2018, 12:27:24 PM »

She has trained me to give her Professional Grooming Services. After I wrote that last post she hadn't asked to be wiped down for a while (except if she has rolled in the litter) so I was starting to think I had imagined it.

Well for Pete's sake, why should she waste spit and energy giving herself a bath when she's got you to do it for her? (I'm saying this in the most possible joking manner, "Silly slave!")
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2018, 12:41:51 PM »
Well for Pete's sake, why should she waste spit and energy giving herself a bath when she's got you to do it for her? (I'm saying this in the most possible joking manner, "Silly slave!")

We never said cats were stupid!   funny2  And she IS the Queen.   :)
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2018, 02:06:01 PM »

Exactly right!

Tags: