Author Topic: A new twist on Mounds candy bars  (Read 3343 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
A new twist on Mounds candy bars
« on: March 06, 2015, 08:01:55 PM »
I cut the recipe in half. These are ridiculously good, but I cut the chocolate in half and it was still VERY strong, dark chocolate flavor. But it still tastes a lot like Mounds.

I also used 1/2 cup honey instead of 1/3 cup, and it still needed a more in the opinion of both of us--like another half-cup of honey or maple syrup.

But they're paleo--dairy free, gluten free--and strangely filling.

I tried saving the image file that has the recipe on it to post in here, but no matter what, I can't make the file small enough to post. If I make it smaller than this last resize, no one is going to be able to read the recipe on it. So you'll just have to go here:

http://befoodsavvy.com/2014/03/chocolate-gelatin-squares/

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Administrator
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
Re: A new twist on Mounds candy bars
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 10:48:11 PM »
Save it as a JPG instead of a PNG and it would probably be post-able.

or just hotlink it...
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 04:35:58 PM by Lola, Reason: removed hotlink »
Brandon

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 10:53:44 PM »
Heck. I didn't even pay attention that it was a .png. Thought about doing that, but then always afraid I'll put someone in a peeved mood.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 04:35:06 PM »
No hotlinking...tsk tsk.  :)

That receipe does sound GOOD!  I sent it to my daughter.  She eats paleo style. :)   
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 09:26:18 PM »
I put it in Photoshop and saved it as a jpg  :P

Please, ask your daughter if she wants to try this one out before I go looking for the Sunbutter since I'm allergic to peanuts and soy:

http://befoodsavvy.com/2014/02/easy-paleo-chocolate/

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2015, 05:00:31 PM »
She likes to try new things and it being Paleo friendly will be totally up her alley! 
Funny (to me anyway) the recipe sounds better than it looks. 

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2015, 05:48:37 PM »

Funny (to me anyway) the recipe sounds better than it looks. 

A lot of the "better for you" recipes taste a lot better than they look. That 2nd recipe sounds like it has too much chocolate in it too though.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2015, 08:49:58 PM »
Did you read any of the comments?  The response, to the person that didn't like the recipe, cracked me up! 

Refrigerate what won't be eaten and throw it in a smoothie with spinach, fruit, etc. You don't have to throw it away. Good input though!

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2015, 09:23:56 PM »
LMAO. I have to think that most of those are either new cooks or clueless ones. I knew there was too much chocolate in it and I lowered the amount--then added more honey. Though I didn't get enough honey in it (especially for him), it still wasn't bad. I know to cut chocolate/add honey even more for next time though.

Tags: