Author Topic: Hare-Today Ratio Questions  (Read 20459 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Hare-Today Ratio Questions
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2015, 07:14:08 PM »
Do you mean the stuff with this in it?

PRODUCT FACTS
Active Ingredients per Chewable Tablet:
Psyllium Seed ............................... 50mg
Marshmallow (Althea Officinalis) .. 25mg
Slippery Elm Bark (Ulmas Fulva)... 25mg
Allzyme (Lactobacillus Acidophillus,
Aspergillus Oryzae, Bacillus Subtiles,
Papain, Amylase, Protease) .............2mg
Papaya Extract (Papain) ..................2mg
Inactive Ingredients:
Apple Powder, Brewer’s Yeast, Calcium
Carbonate, Chicken (Dried), Liver
(Defatted Pork), Magnesium Stearate,
Natural Flavorings, Yeast (Torula)

If that's it, I don't see why it would be bad. Probiotics and digestive enzymes are always good.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2015, 11:44:17 AM »
Yes, that is the ingredients for Vets Best.  I know it isn't bad.  My hope is it will help with any possible constipation issues, due to the massive bone content in the mixture I have left.  I still have some can food, so I'm thinking of mixing the mixture and can 50/50.  For now, it has been put off to the side.  I don't want to think about it for a while.  :)

Anyway... last night we added 8.5 pounds of boneless meat and 1.5 pounds of organs into the 5 lb Meat, Bones, and Organs mixture.  Also, included the Alnutrin amount needed.  If all is correct...that brings the meat content up to 80% and the bone content down to 10%. 

I didn't order ground organs... by mistake.  Soooooo, had to buy a meat grinder yesterday. 

We made two batches.  30#

Going to look at new chest freezers today.  :)
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2015, 02:41:55 PM »
 thumbsup1
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2015, 04:06:12 PM »
Wow.  DrLisaPiersonWorthy  HeadButt

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2015, 10:27:54 AM »
New chest freezer being delivered Wednesday. 
It will make life SO much easier.  We will have space for the frozen mixture, extra meat, and organs waiting to be "made." Room for RadCat.  AND we will have room to store daily meal portions.  The extra space will allow us to make more batches at one time.   

A BAZILLION thanks to DeeDee for figuring out the "numbers" to make the 5 lb mixture 80/10/10.   :-*

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2015, 12:23:45 PM »
Glad you're getting yourself a new freezer. It sure makes life easier. I've had to use one of parents' sometimes. And you're welcome, but it was easy after he figured out the 1 lb. for us. Of course, I wasn't panicking over have wrong ratios either.

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2015, 07:20:06 AM »
I hope to have room for a freezer some day.  I might even go totally raw with all of them if I had a place to store enough food to make it feasible. I could put Mazy cat on Rad Cat full time and do the Hare Today like Lola is doing, for the other two.

Some day....

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2015, 02:57:05 PM »
Glad you're getting yourself a new freezer. It sure makes life easier. I've had to use one of parents' sometimes. And you're welcome, but it was easy after he figured out the 1 lb. for us. Of course, I wasn't panicking over have wrong ratios either.

Panic is my middle name!   Silly7

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2015, 03:01:05 PM »
I hope to have room for a freezer some day.  I might even go totally raw with all of them if I had a place to store enough food to make it feasible. I could put Mazy cat on Rad Cat full time and do the Hare Today like Lola is doing, for the other two.

Some day....

We are very fortunate to be able to have an extra freezer.  We finally got things started.  There is Rad Cat in there.  Also, the "gotta mix" frozen meats and organs.  And then there is the frozen daily meals for the cats and dog.  Lacy dog is still fed 50% canned... for the fruits and vegetables.  The raw mixture doesn't have any. 

The meal portions are marked dog or cat and what the protein is.  Most are 3 or 4 high. 
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 03:03:03 PM by Lola »

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2015, 08:51:50 PM »
We are very fortunate to be able to have an extra freezer.  We finally got things started.  There is Rad Cat in there.  Also, the "gotta mix" frozen meats and organs.  And then there is the frozen daily meals for the cats and dog.  Lacy dog is still fed 50% canned... for the fruits and vegetables.  The raw mixture doesn't have any. 

The meal portions are marked dog or cat and what the protein is.  Most are 3 or 4 high. 

wow1  Very impressive!   DrLisaPiersonWorthy DrLisaPiersonWorthy DrLisaPiersonWorthy DrLisaPiersonWorthy DrLisaPiersonWorthy
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2015, 06:19:13 PM »
If the mixture is 80/10/10.. isn't that a complete and balanced meal for Lacy dog also?  I was thinking it wasn't, because of info I have read elsewhere.  But I think I could be confused. 

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2015, 07:52:22 PM »
Yes. It's complete for a dog. Some change the numbers to 80/15/5 but generally people go by 80/10/10

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2015, 09:46:09 AM »
Thanks for clarifying, DeeDee.  I thought I was on the right track, but then I did some reading elsewhere...  :(

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2015, 09:58:12 AM »
Being paranoid... I was thinking of adding extra taurine to the mixture.   
I don't plan on having any of the meals frozen longer than 6 months.  In fact, the time frame will probably be MUCH shorter.  But if I have extra money or freezer space... I would likely want to stock up. 

It is the supplements effectiveness and frozen time frame that has me scratching my head.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2015, 10:41:44 AM »
I don't know anything about premixing food. I just dole all of them out at every meal.

Tags: