Author Topic: Rad Cat?  (Read 13877 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Rad Cat?
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2015, 12:59:12 PM »

I found an old receipt -- I was paying just under $10 for a 16 oz tub of RadCat.  I have a hunch the store didn't have the correct price in the system (that what they charged was too low), but since I didn't know for sure, I wasn't going to argue with them.   :D

Just under $10 (with auto-ship) is what I would pay online for 16 oz. 

Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2015, 01:23:47 PM »
Including shipping?

I pay $12.94 for a 24 ounce tub of Rad Cat.  The price hasn't' changed since I started special ordering from the privately owned pet supply store about 25 miles away. I feel so lucky to have them!

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2015, 10:54:24 PM »
Including shipping?

I pay $12.94 for a 24 ounce tub of Rad Cat.  The price hasn't' changed since I started special ordering from the privately owned pet supply store about 25 miles away. I feel so lucky to have them!

I pay $14.84 for 24 oz of chicken.  $14.39 for turkey.  Shipping is about 30 bucks for 25 - 24oz containers.
I am going to HAVE to check out the store on the other side of town. 
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 10:56:28 PM by Lola »

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2015, 10:58:35 AM »
I have one source for purchasing Rad Cat.  When they are out...   :'(

The good news is... I rotate with homemade and Stella & Chewys.  AND I tend to "panic" when our freezer reaches the half full mark.   Silly7  I always have plenty of food on hand.  So far.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2015, 11:24:38 AM »
The thought of running out isn't what panics me. The thought of a long-term electrical outage is what bothers me. We've got the RV for living in comfortably, but even having one of the largest RV refrigerator-freezers isn't going to anywhere near do enough for storage.

I keep on nagging for a generator for the house, but I guess I won't get one unless we absolutely HAVE to have one--because we can live in the RV.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2015, 04:57:46 PM »
We don't have a lot of long term power outages.  Never thought of that being a concern for others.  UGH! 

Back to Rad Cat.

I talked to a local specialty pet food store about ordering Rad Cat.
I pay 16.70 (includes shipping) for a 24 oz tub online.  No tax.
Locally it would cost 17.27...including tax.

57 cents doesn't sound like much, but it adds up when purchasing a minimum of 24 tubs at one time.

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2015, 06:23:37 PM »
 57 cents makes a difference when you are ordering a lot. Still paying 12.94 for turkey, chicken and lamb.  The beef was $13.59

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2015, 07:39:34 PM »
You mentioning what you pay in another thread, is what made me finally ask a local retailer.  I was hoping for a bit of a break.  Not happening.    Oh well, I have spent money on worse things.  :)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 07:41:24 PM by Lola »

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2015, 08:33:38 PM »
I see that OnlyNaturalPet.com prices for rad cat are really high, relatively speaking. I'm shocked! When I was still driving up to that further away city (100 miles away) before I found the closer place, (25 miles away) I was paying the same as I pay now. $12.95 for a 24 oz tub.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2015, 02:24:13 PM »
I see that OnlyNaturalPet.com prices for rad cat are really high, relatively speaking. I'm shocked! When I was still driving up to that further away city (100 miles away) before I found the closer place, (25 miles away) I was paying the same as I pay now. $12.95 for a 24 oz tub.

That is who I buy from.  I'm thrilled they are willing to ship to me! 

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2015, 12:28:35 PM »
Including shipping?

Me and my big mouth.  Price went up. As of yesterday now paying $14.95 for 24 ounce tubs of chicken, turkey and lamb.  The beef is $15.47.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2015, 12:48:48 PM »
Me and my big mouth.  Price went up. As of yesterday now paying $14.95 for 24 ounce tubs of chicken, turkey and lamb.  The beef is $15.47.

That is a huge jump!!!  To soften the blow... think of it this way:  "Wow, was I getting a deal for a very long time!"  ;)

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say no to Kibble Krack
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2015, 01:39:58 PM »
 :o  Oh wow that is crazy!!! how do you guys afford that??  MC do you still feed the ByNature? I found some at a store. I told the lady that I had thought they had discontinued the canned food. She said she was not sure, but they have a rep come in all the time?
"Education is the key" to make informed decisions about the health of our pets

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2015, 01:54:13 PM »
By Nature Organic is the line that was discontinued. They do have other canned foods.  I have enough to last until March.  Then it's gone forever.

I afford the Rad Cat because I feel I have no choice frankly  It's a food Mazy Cat can eat. But of course I also must mention that I live very simply.  I don't eat out. I don't drink.  I don't smoke.  I don't use a cell phone.  I don't buy anything for myself except the occasional cd or dvd.  I re-perk my coffee for two additional days before I start a fresh pot.

My only really major entertainment expenses are hiking boots every two years and the gas used for traveling to visit family or to hike.  :)

Having said all of that, the $2 increase is going to take some budget-adjusting for sure.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2015, 02:51:38 PM »
MC, I wasn't making light of the price increase you will have to pay.  Well... I guess I was, but not in a mean way.

I think we found it fairly easy to live without things we once thought were necessary.  It would have been MUCH easier financially, if I had learned how skanky the PFI industry was BEFORE we had the amount of furkids we have.  lol  Really it is no different than having human kids... you do what you have to do to keep them clothed and fed.  At least furkids don't require clothes!  :)

Tags: