Author Topic: Rad Cat?  (Read 13875 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: Rad Cat?
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2015, 05:52:48 PM »
MC, I wasn't making light of the price increase you will have to pay.  Well... I guess I was, but not in a mean way.

I think we found it fairly easy to live without things we once thought were necessary.  It would have been MUCH easier financially, if I had learned how skanky the PFI industry was BEFORE we had the amount of furkids we have.  lol  Really it is no different than having human kids... you do what you have to do to keep them clothed and fed.  At least furkids don't require clothes!  :)

I never take anything you say being meant in a mean way. kissyou

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say no to Kibble Krack
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2015, 12:18:32 AM »
I did not mean it in a mean way either. I myself am finding it hard with the price increase. The food I was feeding has gone up, so now I have switched to another commercial raw. I am now questioning myself and the whole thing (maybe I am just sensitive right now) lol!  I am so afraid that I am not providing everything my cats need. :(
"Education is the key" to make informed decisions about the health of our pets

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2015, 05:05:34 AM »
I did not mean it in a mean way either. I myself am finding it hard with the price increase. The food I was feeding has gone up, so now I have switched to another commercial raw. I am now questioning myself and the whole thing (maybe I am just sensitive right now) lol!  I am so afraid that I am not providing everything my cats need. :(

I know you didn't.  I worry about that too. But three years in, and everyone is thriving. With the exception of Mazy cat's on going problems, but they aren't caused by the current diet.

Sorry to hear you are feeling bad.  Anything we can do to help? We're good listeners you know.  HeadButt

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2015, 12:46:06 PM »
Shadow,
I rotate different raw brands and ground raw that I mix from Hare-Today.  The furkids love the variety, but I like not having to worry about everything being perfect. 
Just out of curiosity, what brands are you feeding?  Are you feeding ground or body parts?  :)
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2015, 12:36:45 AM »
I was feeding the 3-P, along with Wellness gf canned. Now I am feeding Buddies, no more Wellness canned. I am waiting to hear from someone that actually knows the ratios, I hope they can tell me because no one yet has been able to :(
I am feeding Chicken and Organ and Turkey and Organ, it does contain bone, but if you look at their web site it does not give the exact ratios for the bone or the musle meat. I also want to get another protein in their diet, I could get get beef next, but its freezer space that is the problem there. Also I am worried about them getting the right amount of nutrients/taurine since its frozen.  Why does there have to be two sides to the story that freezing alters the nutrients or not.??.ugh!! bangshead
thanks for listening :) Glad all your kitties are doing well....I shall just have to give more virtual hugs, and healing vibes for Mazy awww...

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2015, 05:17:54 AM »
It is frustrating.  And I have the same problem regarding freezer space. Sometimes I think..we just have to get to a level of trust and faith in what we are doing.  But like Lola, that's why I feed as much variety as I am able.  The freeze dried options are a life saver, so to speak. I don't see me ever dropping some canned food though.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2015, 10:20:35 PM »
3-P and Buddies... are those only available in Canada? 

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2015, 12:01:13 AM »
3-P and Buddies... are those only available in Canada? 
  I believe so Lola

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2015, 01:23:55 AM »
I was just reading in another thread that you (Lola) if there was a disaster that you would just use your neighbours freezer.  Well I thought about that the other day, the what if....What if my power goes out,? what if we have the big one, I do live in an earthquake area, Im actually right on an earthquake fault line lol! I just found that out a while ago :(  So what would I feed my cats in an emergency without making them have an upset stomach? So I have decided to keep a bit of canned in their diet I give them a tsp at lunch and at bed time. I was gonna drop it all together but then thought of these circumstances.   :-\

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2015, 06:14:10 AM »
I feel the same Shadow.  Just wish I could find a pate canned that is halfway decent.  Once the By Nature Organic runs out all I will have is Tiki, the two chicken varieties.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2015, 09:26:57 AM »
Now you've caught my biggest fear, except here, mostly tornadoes. I'm less afraid of the New Madrid fault than tornadoes. At least we're all together in fear.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2015, 01:04:13 PM »
If MY freezer went out, I would ask to use my neighbor's freezer.  If there is a disaster of some sort... his freezer won't be working either.  lol  I don't plan for total destruction type of disasters.  If there was a warning that a possible disaster was going to happen... that would be a different story. 
I have some canned on hand, from when I fed canned.  So far, the dates are still good.  But I won't feed canned on a regular basis, due to a possible chance of a major disaster.  If I was that kind of a worrier, I would keep a package (or packages) of dehydrated raw on hand.  That is just ME though. 

PS  When I had to feed canned a week or so ago, (after a year of all raw) no one had any bodily function issues.  They just didn't all have smiles on their little faces, when it was served.  :) 

« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 01:12:48 PM by Lola »

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2015, 04:06:04 PM »
no no I'm not worried about disasters.  I worry about if anyone (Mazy really) have to be hospitalized, or if I did. :)

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2015, 04:42:33 PM »
Very good points by everyone.   thumbsup1
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2015, 01:18:15 AM »
I just want to be prepared. I wish I had a generator then I wouldnt have to worry about it. I just am concerned about upsetting their tummies if I had to go with canned for a while. I do not really worry about the "big one" if it happens it happens, not much I can do about it lol

Tags: