Author Topic: Freezing Hydrated Honest Kitchen Foods  (Read 2282 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Freezing Hydrated Honest Kitchen Foods
« on: June 28, 2015, 08:40:24 PM »
If I hydrated an entire 4 lb box in advance, what do you think about freezing portions?  I'm thinking it would be okay, but I tend to not trust myself...or pet food companies.  Silly7

I found this info on their website:

Once the dehydrated food has been rehydrated with warm water, you may cover and refrigerate any uneaten portions for 2-3 days. Frozen leftovers will keep for even longer. We suggest adding a little bit of warm water to the mix and stirring before serving.

http://www.thehonestkitchen.com/help-center/how-to-make/#q4
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 09:26:45 PM by Lola »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Freezing Hydrated Honest Kitchen Foods
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 08:45:45 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=775205705909906

Kimberly hydrates and freezes her. I've seen her talking more than once about mixing it all up, then freezing it in portions to save time.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 09:31:59 PM »

So those without FB can read:

Keep the Tail Wagging
Look what I purchased today! This is a Vollrath mixer (restaurant grade). It weighs over 300#, it's 4' tall, and it mixes 30 quarts of food.

I'm looking for a meat grinder attachment and I can hydrate The Honest Kitchen in the bowl, grind the meat in, add supplements, and mix. BOOM!!! Making my own dog food just got WAY EASIER!!!

OT-ish - I believe this is the mixer she purchased... WOWZIERS!  :)

The 30 qt. Vollrath 40758 commercial planetary mixer features a three speed, direct drive gear transmission for years of trouble free operation. A safety-cut switch automatically turns the unit off if the user attempts to change gears without turning it off first, prolonging the mixer's life.

This workhorse 1 horsepower commercial planetary mixer comes standard with a dough hook, wire whisk, spatula, a sturdy stainless steel mixing bowl, and a safety guard to handle any mixing task. A 12" hub can accommodate optional meat grinder or vegetable slicer attachments, enabling increased flexibility and versatility.

It is only $3500.00!   :o

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/vollrath-40758-30-qt-floor-model-vertical-mixer-with-3-speeds-110v-1-hp/92240758.html

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 09:53:25 PM »
Yeah. LOL That's a bit over the top for me. Read some of all she does sometimes though. I guess I might get crazy enough to get something like that if I had a money-making blog too. It's GOT to be hard to have to work at all that while taking care of 4 dogs too.

She also gets her meat from a co-op and has to grind it herself if she wants it ground.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 07:45:10 PM »
I know she is looking for or planning to buy an attachment.  For 3500 bucks, I would expect it to grind meat and bones... without a separate attachment purchase.  lol

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 10:40:13 PM »
For that, I'd expect it to wash, dry and trim both of them too.

Offline Catgirl64

• Chatter Bug
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2018, 06:47:16 AM »
For that, I'd expect it to wash, dry and trim both of them too.

For that, I'd expect it to do my meat shopping and go out and shoot a deer or two, as well.   :o

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 03:01:11 PM »
For that, I'd expect it to do my meat shopping and go out and shoot a deer or two, as well.   :o

lol

BTW, I do mix up the Honest Kitchen with meat and freeze daily meal portions.  I plan to do the same with Dr. Harvey's as well. 

Offline Catgirl64

• Chatter Bug
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2018, 04:32:22 PM »
lol

BTW, I do mix up the Honest Kitchen with meat and freeze daily meal portions.  I plan to do the same with Dr. Harvey's as well.

Still deciding if I want to do that.  Right now, I'm just mixing what I need for a day or two, and just adding it to an appropriate amount of meat I've already prepped for the cats.  I'm going to need more freezer containers soon!

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2018, 05:10:57 PM »
Still deciding if I want to do that.  Right now, I'm just mixing what I need for a day or two, and just adding it to an appropriate amount of meat I've already prepped for the cats.  I'm going to need more freezer containers soon!

It does make life easier.  At least for me.  These are the containers I use.  The brand Reditainer ONLY.
https://www.amazon.com/Reditainer-Extreme-Containers-32-Ounce-24-Pack/dp/B00N2TADOY/ref=pd_bxgy_79_img_3?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00N2TADOY&pd_rd_r=E80BNR48J7KJKKDK6DR1&pd_rd_w=V4dNR&pd_rd_wg=VZzpf&psc=1&refRID=E80BNR48J7KJKKDK6DR1

Tags: