Author Topic: For those of you that wanted Windows 10 Upgrades  (Read 14862 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: For those of you that wanted Windows 10 Upgrades
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2015, 01:02:35 PM »
I haven't looked at picture anything yet.  Have you tried any picture programs/software? 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
FAKE Windows 10 Link In Email
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2015, 03:11:23 PM »
If you’re still waiting for your reservation to come up as Microsoft rolls out Windows 10, we can’t blame you for being eager to get your virtual hands on Microsoft’s latest OS. But if you get an email encouraging you upgrade to Windows 10, you’ll want to exercise a little caution, lest you get taken by scammers.

A post published to Cisco Systems’s company blog outlines how scammers are taking advantage of Windows 10’s launch to push ransomware onto unsuspecting PC users.  At first glance, the emails look reasonably legit: Cisco notes that scammers are spoofing the sender’s email address to make it look as if the message is from Microsoft.
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2955121/security/dont-get-fooled-into-clicking-phony-windows-10-upgrade-emails.html

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2015, 09:56:33 PM »
Oh Dell NO!

Included in Microsoft's new 12,000-word service agreement, which goes into effect August 1, is the following excerpt from the privacy policy:

"We will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to."

http://m.disclose.tv/news/warning_windows_10_spies_on_everything_you_do_unless_you_opt_out/121069
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2015, 10:00:55 PM »
That video is a MUST listen.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2015, 10:39:33 PM »
Windows 10 just gets "funner and funner" [sic], huh?

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Administrator
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2015, 10:57:39 PM »
Windows 10 will NOT be going onto any of my devices - and my new laptop that shipped with Win 8.1 was IMMEDIATELY downgraded to 7 upon arrival - I didn't even boot it up to make sure it worked first. The pop-up for Win10 (not the Windows upgrade itself, just the pop-up notification) was actually an "optional" Windows Update, that quickly got removed as I don't need any more advertising on my machine than I'm already forced to get by using the internet.
Brandon

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Administrator
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2015, 11:57:36 AM »
Here's another fun reason to stay FAR away from Win10: http://www.cnet.com/news/windows-10-update-triggers-reboot-glitch-for-some-users/
Brandon

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say no to Kibble Krack
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2015, 06:25:42 PM »
I will wait..if ever for Win 10 lol!! I am getting ready to do a system recovery on my Laptop....so I hope things don't screw up.  Will have to update to Win 8.1 again ugh!!
"Education is the key" to make informed decisions about the health of our pets

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2015, 09:44:07 PM »
Talk about big brother, Brandon!

Just too NSAish for me.

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Administrator
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2015, 12:56:16 AM »
The whole idea of forced updating just rubs me very much the wrong way anyway. I use my phone for internet, and I have a 15GB data limit - if Windows is going to FORCE updates on me, USING that connection, then they best PAY me when I use up data that I wouldn't otherwise have used, go over my data limit and get charged for it because I can't turn that functionality off.

NO. That is top-tier bullshat.

Actually, it kind of reminds me of when the XBox One (also Micro$oft, go figure) was announced and they said that it would REQUIRE an internet connection to be usable at all. Notice.... They removed that little caveat pretty quickly afterward, and my bet is, they're going to remove the requirement to auto-update, too. Enough users will backlash.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 01:02:12 AM by AK49BWL »
Brandon

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2015, 10:31:19 AM »
I'm still anal enough that I search each "KB_____" update before I allow it. I don't allow some of them. Over the years, I've probably rejected more of them than I've allowed.

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Administrator
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2015, 11:28:08 AM »
You and I think alike funny2
Brandon

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2015, 11:33:24 AM »
You and I think alike funny2

You could even be my son that actually listened to me--unlike the other two!

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2015, 07:46:07 PM »
You could even be my son that actually listened to me--unlike the other two!

funny2

Tags: