Author Topic: Goat Cheese Cheesecake is YUM!!!  (Read 1712 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Goat Cheese Cheesecake is YUM!!!
« on: November 26, 2015, 02:22:48 PM »
This recipe is past yummy: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/goat-cheese-cake-with-mixed-berries-51169420

That is all.

YIELD Makes 8 servings

INGREDIENTS

Unsalted butter (for pan)
3/4 cup sugar plus more for pan
12 ounces fresh soft goat cheese, room temperature
1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 large eggs, separated
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 1/2 pints mixed berries (blackberries, strawberries, blueberries, and/or raspberries)
Special equipment: A 9"-diameter springform pan

PREPARATION

Preheat oven to 350°. Butter springform pan and dust with sugar, tapping out any excess.
Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat goat cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla, and 3/4 cup sugar in a large bowl until smooth and creamy, about 3 minutes. Add egg yolks two at a time, beating to blend and scraping down sides of bowl between additions. Reduce speed to low, add flour, and mix just until blended.
Using clean, dry beaters, beat egg whites in a medium bowl until soft peaks form. Fold 1/4 of egg whites into goat cheese mixture just until blended; fold in remaining egg whites just until blended. Scrape into prepared pan and tap pan to level batter.
Bake cheesecake until top is set but still jiggles slightly in the center, 30-35 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool in pan.
Run a thin knife around sides of pan; unmold cake. Serve topped with berries.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Goat Cheese Cheesecake is YUM!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 10:16:25 PM »
It took me many years to try carrot cake.  I like carrots. I like cake.  The two just didn't seem to go together though.  Once I tried it... LOVED it.  Accepting goat cheese cheesecake... I don't know if I have it in me to go with that one.  lol 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 11:31:52 PM »
Six eggs. I don't think the goat cheese would bother me, but six eggs!  I like eggs.  But I don't like my desserts to taste eggy. That's why I don't like custard.  Too eggy.

And when I make my own bread putting I use only one egg.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 07:36:15 PM »
It really tasted like cheesecake. But lighter and airier.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Tags: