Author Topic: Toshiba  (Read 1077 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Toshiba
« on: January 01, 2016, 03:11:49 PM »
Cussing my head off at Toshiba right now. Obviously they don't think at the factory that someone setting up the computer should have control of windows updates--or even control of the computer. Today it installed Windows 10 automatically on granddaughter's new computer and didn't notice it at all until things got totally squirrely.

Set it to return to factory settings, and suddenly set-up has about 20 different questions that weren't there before when we first turned it on today. Yeah. Automatic updates are off now, but still GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.  bangshead bangshead bangshead
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Toshiba
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 03:20:03 PM »
Isn't it Microsoft that actually forces the updates? 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Pet South

• Chatter Bug
  • Because pets are family...
    • Pet South on Facebook
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 03:25:59 PM »
I think it is Windows. But I hate Toshiba anyway. I usually have Acer but bought a Toshiba laptop cause it was cheaper, biggest crap I ever had. Future buys will only be Acer
Because pets are family...

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2016, 04:03:18 PM »
There were choices to or not to accept automatic updates in a bunch of different questions when the computer was setting itself up after I made it go back to factory settings.

It had nothing to do with Windows, and everything to do with those questions. However, the first time we set it up, those questions weren't there, so someone, somewhere, had already gone through those choices BEFORE we even turned the computer on.

Once we turned the computer on, and finished with the pre-setup-questions, it just automatically decided it was okay to update to Windows 10.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016, 04:08:45 PM »
I think it is Windows. But I hate Toshiba anyway. I usually have Acer but bought a Toshiba laptop cause it was cheaper, biggest crap I ever had. Future buys will only be Acer

Well the Toshibas we've all had have worked great, but they weren't bought for cost. The price was comparable to other good computers.

Tags: