Author Topic: The on-going ever-evolving process of feeding Mazy cat  (Read 119047 times)

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Re: The on-going ever-evolving process of feeding Mazy cat
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2016, 08:51:07 PM »
I keep forgetting to ask . . . and maybe I shouldn't because I may jinx something . . . has she vomited/regurgitated since you stopped the VB, or at least, are the episodes further apart?

Major  fingerscrossed fingerscrossed fingerscrossed fingerscrossed fingerscrossed fingerscrossed fingerscrossed fingerscrossed fingerscrossed
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2016, 05:42:40 AM »
All is well.  Don't want to jinx anything with too many details at this point. Her poops are just containing massive amounts of fur.

I've added the digestive enzymes to the mix now.  She's getting 1/8 tsp SEB, a pinch of MMR and a pinch of digestive enzymes in .2 oz of canned (By Nature Organic) at bed time. No psyllium.

I've searched and searched and cannot find a replacement for the By Nature.  It will run out in May. Maybe by then she will be used to the new tastes and will accept it in raw. So far she will not, even when I try using an incentive, like forti flora (hate giving that to her) or PureBites.

It's why I went to the full time use of the Vet's-Best in the first place.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2016, 06:15:19 AM »
All is well.  Don't want to jinx anything with too many details at this point. Her poops are just containing massive amounts of fur.

I'm glad she's pooping it out!

Sending purrs that things continue to go well . . .  HeadButt HeadButt GoodVibes GoodVibes

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2016, 05:39:23 PM »
Last night Mazy cat didn't want any more to eat after 9:30.  Meaning when the 11:00 bed time meal was served she didn't get out of the hammock.  I know better than to try to insist, even though I hate for her to be deficit on any day.

Since I didn't get out of bed until after 8 this morning, and she didn't get fed until 8:50 she had almost a 12 hour fast.  I think it did her good.  There was tons of poop in the litter boxes, and I can recognize which is whose most of the time, I think Mazy went a couple of times.  That long fast really helped her clean out.

I gave everyone a few pieces of PureBites to soak up any bile that might be building in the tum before feeding, that's why she didn't eat her first serving until almost 9.  Jennie and Queen Eva didn't really need it, they go almost 10 hours without eating every night/morning and have no problem with it.  Mazy cat's pieces were tiny shreds, Jennie and Queen Eva each had a nice big chunk.

Mazy cat had very tiny servings spread out from 8:50-11:45 to get her entire breakfast into her, plus what would have been her lunch serving.  No puke.

For lunch she had the last bit that she should have had at bed time the night before. So she was all caught up by 1:30.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2016, 05:58:06 PM »
 DrLisaPiersonWorthy DrLisaPiersonWorthy DrLisaPiersonWorthy DrLisaPiersonWorthy DrLisaPiersonWorthy DrLisaPiersonWorthy DrLisaPiersonWorthy

fingerscrossed fingerscrossed fingerscrossed fingerscrossed fingerscrossed fingerscrossed fingerscrossed fingerscrossed

GoodVibes GoodVibes GoodVibes GoodVibes

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2016, 10:28:58 PM »
Tonight I took a chance and gave Mazy cat her bed time serving with SEB, MMR and DE (digestive enzymes) in a little bit of Rad Cat AND SHE ATE IT!!!

She's not quite up to 1/8 tsp of SEB, still just a pinch of the marshmallow root, and the tiny pinch of digestive enzymes.

It appears Vet's-Best did me a favor, ruining the formula. Should have listened to Lola earlier about it, but up until this change, I thought she was doing okay with it.  After all, I'd been, using it for years.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2016, 05:33:40 PM »
Sounds like things are improving.  YAY!
Do you add water to the Pure Bites?  I have never bought them or fed them... just heard you talking about them.  Curious 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2016, 05:47:06 PM »
Sounds like things are improving.  YAY!
Do you add water to the Pure Bites?  I have never bought them or fed them... just heard you talking about them.  Curious 

No, the PureBites is a treat.  It's freeze dried chicken breast only. Mazy cat is able to tolerate them in small shreds thankfully, though I don't use them for her often. And when I do, usually it's just a dusting of crumbs as incentive. I get the dog size for the bigger chunks.  Jennie likes big chunks and I like Queen Eva to have to work at a bigger chunk.

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2016, 07:39:58 PM »
She's accepting the SEB, MMR and now two drops of ACV in that last .2 oz Rad Cat meal at bed time. I don't dare breathe a word more.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2016, 07:41:11 PM »
 fingerscrossed fingerscrossed GoodVibes GoodVibes

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2016, 09:37:35 PM »
No, the PureBites is a treat.  It's freeze dried chicken breast only. Mazy cat is able to tolerate them in small shreds thankfully, though I don't use them for her often. And when I do, usually it's just a dusting of crumbs as incentive. I get the dog size for the bigger chunks.  Jennie likes big chunks and I like Queen Eva to have to work at a bigger chunk.

Can it be used for the game "catch the kibble?"  :)  That is the ONLY thing I miss about kibble.... throwing it down the hallway and the cats chasing after it 

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2016, 09:38:06 PM »

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2016, 09:53:04 PM »
Can it be used for the game "catch the kibble?"  :)  That is the ONLY thing I miss about kibble.... throwing it down the hallway and the cats chasing after it 

It probably could be used that way.  It might not "roll" as well as a kibble, but does that matter when food is involved?   ;D

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2016, 07:06:00 AM »

Oh yes, we play that game with it all the time!

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2016, 05:57:33 PM »
Twenty days and five hours.  TWENTY days between regurgitation episodes. 

This was a doozy though, her first supper meal and her egg yolk from 3 hours previous, plus a sizable wad of fur.

She almost never brings up fur.  And it was foul, very foul, so that lot had been percolating since the egg yolk I guess.  Probably there is more fur down there blocking the exit.

I won't give her anything else until bedtime, and then just a small meal with her SEB and MR. She's up to weight so it won't hurt her to miss a couple servings tonight. And the empty tummy and the mucilage should help the wad blocking things move through.

Actually I'll give it earlier than bedtime so she gets a full 10 hour fast. That will help, too.

It's funny, you know she gave no indication that anything was brewing.  NO sign of urpy-ness at all.  In fact she was the epitome of the Cozy Cat all day.  Giving a contented prrrt every time I so much as looked at her.

Ah well, if twenty days is to be the new cycle, I can live with that.

So on we go.

Tags: