Author Topic: Warning: Stella & Chewy's freeze dried poulty products change in formula  (Read 5894 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Based on several issues Jennie and Queen Eva seem to be having that they never had before (excessive hairball puking, constipation, some loose stool) I have stopped the S&C a few months early.  I believe the bags of "old formula" I stocked up on are in fact, new formula in old bags.

I wrote to S&C with this additional complaint and was told I had to contact the store I bought them from.  I have two opened bags (one had very large bone pieces in it, which Queen Eva left in her dish and Jennie choked on, so I opened a different bag) and four unopened.  I wrote to the on line store I bought them from with the whole story (long e mail) and they were entirely sympathetic and have refunded me for all 6 bags!

Sadly S&C are getting new customers all the time, if you read the reviews, and people aren't realizing that the formula has changed and that pea fiber is now the 5th ingredient and toxic fake K is still in there.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
 thumbsup1
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
thanks for reaching out. ...snip ....On our cat food we did get feedback on a few ingredients (pea fiber, Menadione Sodium Bisulfate) as being undesirable. We have listened and have already updated all of our cat food recipes without those ingredients. We are in the process of updating the cat food bags, but those ingredients are no longer part of the cat food we're making.

I responded that their website still lists the ingredients and there is nothing on the site stating that this change has been made. I also told them I won't be returning to their product having found meals to replace the S&C meals that I prefer anyway, (because I no longer trust them.)