Author Topic: What's going on? - pic of Kitty's poop  (Read 19122 times)

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Re: What's going on? - pic of Kitty's poop
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2019, 10:42:15 AM »
I apologize for being snarky.  My goal is just to keep things as simple as possible and when I read all that . . . my brain shut down.

She peed and pooped during the night, and I did not smell the poop.    thumbsup1  It was firm and formed, she covered it and there were no signs of scooting.   thumbsup1 thumbsup1  A little while after scooping, I could smell that she had pooped, but it was nowhere NEAR the strength that it's been in the past.  I didn't need to open a window or spray the room with vinegar.

She got the SEB in her breakfast this morning with the Proviable.  I'm debating just giving her the SEB once a day now, and see how it goes.  I can always add the 2nd dose again if her stools get soft or she starts scooting.

It is interesting to me that her last 2 poops haven't been nearly as smelly as before.  But that's a good thing, and I'll take it!
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2019, 11:28:30 AM »
 Hug1 Hug1 Hug1

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2019, 08:06:07 AM »
Well, it was nice while it lasted.  The smell of cat poop woke me up at 6am, so I got up to scoop it.   :(  She hadn't covered it but it was well-formed, a little soft (I think) and a tiny bit was on the tile floor that had probably been stuck to her butt and dropped off.  No signs of scooting.  She got SEB and Proviable in her breakfast and I'll add it to her first dinner as well.

I remembered Mom had also been giving Mika-angel some Primal freeze-dried raw nuggets, so I took what's left of the bag and may at some point see if she's interested in it.  There's not much in the bag, maybe 1 nugget.

I also added more litter.  I've never known a cat that needs it to be so deep and assume that's why she didn't cover the poop this time.  At least I hope that's why!   fingerscrossed

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2019, 05:37:27 PM »
 Hug1

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2019, 06:02:35 PM »
She pooped again after dinner and did cover it.  Well-formed and seemed firm (maybe the litter dried it out a bit since I didn't scoop right away).  I could smell it, but it wasn't nearly as potent, probably in part because she covered it.  No signs of scooting.

I haven't given her any Pounce treats since the diarrhea.  She keeps asking for them, which makes me feel bad.  Maybe tomorrow -- we'll see what her poop is like.

Tags: