This And That - Often Non Pet Related Topics > Calendar Events

4th Of July

(1/4) > >>

Lola:
The fireworks have started tonight.   pullingouthair

Middle Child:
Here, too, last night.  Terrible.  My state made fireworks on domestic property legal a few years ago.  Up until this year it hasn't been too bad.  But there must be a new family up behind me, over the ridge.  They've shown themselves to be obnoxious before this, with a very loud truck, that when he comes down the hill, and gets onto the main road he does a lot of roaring and braking and leaves tire marks all over the road.  They also have a dog that barks for hours..it's faint, but I can hear it.

Now this.  I've never seen my cats react to fireworks before. We can hear them from the baseball camp 5 miles away every Thursday night all summer, and from the City park 3 miles away on the 4th and other community events. But this was practically in my back yard and they had very loud booming ones.  I gave all the girls Rescue Remedy, even though I'm not sure it does much for Queen Eva and Jennie.  It did help Mazy cat.  Of course I also shut up the house and put the AC on, but they could still hear the booms.  It went on until midnight.

I hope they used them all up. People suck.

DeeDee:
You're living through my last 5 years now, MC. We've had them going on all week though. A lot of people have been angry in the local FB board b/c they have to get up 4-5 a.m. to go to work. They haven't been able to sleep with it all going on 10-11 p.m.

I didn't bump Vlad last night, but I'm going to start bumping him a little at supper every night from now on because I woke up with him burping his head off. That starts before the vomiting starts.

I'm going to start the K10+ and pheromone spray tonight too.

Pookie:
Sending hugs and good vibes to all of you and your furkids . . .

Hug1 grouphug GoodVibes  Hug1 grouphug GoodVibes  Hug1 grouphug GoodVibes  Hug1 grouphug GoodVibes  Hug1 grouphug GoodVibes

Lola:
Fireworks Suck For Pets! Happy 4th of July from Red and Howling

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version