Author Topic: WTH??? Evanger’s proposes donating recalled pet food; FDA says no  (Read 7879 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
WHY would they think this would be okay? WHY? Evangers has to be the most disgusting company on earth! If I had no other choice, I'd even pick Purina, Hills, Iams, or Royal Canin over them! And you all KNOW that's not happening! I've never heard such crazy carp in my life!

Evanger’s proposes donating recalled pet food; FDA says no

The Food and Drug Administration has vetoed a proposal by Evanger’s Dog & Cat Food Co. to donate recalled pet food to animal shelters after conducting random spot-checks for the animal euthanasia drug pentobarbital.

The proposal was revealed in a June 29 warning letter issued by FDA, and posted on its website Tuesday.

The letter, addressed to Holly N. Sher and Joel A. Sher, President and Vice President, respectively, notifies them that FDA found “serious violations of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act and its implementing regulations” during an investigation that included supplier traceback, facility inspection, and analysis of samples collected by FDA.

Read the rest at: http://www.foodsafetynews.com/2017/07/evangers-proposes-donating-recalled-pet-food-fda-says-no/
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: WTH??? Evanger’s proposes donating recalled pet food; FDA says no
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 05:21:30 PM »
Evanger’s suggested that if pentobarbital were to be present in any of its ground loaf products, it would be “well within the range that FDA had previously deemed not to be a health or safety concern in pet foods.” FDA disagrees that grinding would dilute any pentobarbital to safe levels, and points out that there is zero tolerance for pentobarbital in pet food.

Good grief!  These people are whacked.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 09:37:03 PM »
Donating would give them a tax write-off.  What a wonderful caring company....   bangshead
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 10:49:49 PM »
WHY would they think this would be okay? WHY? Evangers has to be the most disgusting company on earth! If I had no other choice, I'd even pick Purina, Hills, Iams, or Royal Canin over them! And you all KNOW that's not happening! I've never heard such crazy carp in my life!

Evanger’s proposes donating recalled pet food; FDA says no

Read the rest at: http://www.foodsafetynews.com/2017/07/evangers-proposes-donating-recalled-pet-food-fda-says-no/

:o jawdrop  pullingouthair Doh1 bangshead bangshead

sarcasmalert What, they figured they'd "help out" the (kill) animal shelters by saving them the drugs to euthanize?   >:D >:D >:D

Wow.  Just.   Wow.  And to think, years ago, I would buy the occasional can of Evanger's cat food for Pookie.  If he was still with me, or I had another pet, Evanger's would DEFINITELY be on the "not a snowball's chance in h-ll" list of pet foods I'd buy.  Un.  Real.

Bunch of sickos.
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Tags: