Author Topic: I bought a cheap non stick ceramic frying pan  (Read 741 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
I bought a cheap non stick ceramic frying pan
« on: November 10, 2017, 03:57:47 PM »
Anyone ever used the ceramic non stick?

I've been using a non stick Pampered chef pan for years.  Frankly it has always sucked, and started chipping years ago.  The large PC pot also sucks.

They were gifts by the way.

Anyway this is a cheap made in china 8 inch frying pan I picked up in walmart, out of desperation.  I would have preferred a stainless steel (without any non stick coating at all) but walmart doesn't have such a thing.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: I bought a cheap non stick ceramic frying pan
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 04:00:19 PM »
I've used ceramic coated cast iron before, but not stainless. I like it.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 04:50:20 PM »
I think it's aluminum under the ceramic, not stainless steel.  I love my stainless steel frying pan and cook pots, but the frying pan is much too large to make eggs in, for example.

I've just used the ceramic coated pan to make scrambled eggs. It worked beautifully.  I have to say, not eve, EVER did the expensive pampered chef pan work like that.

It may not hold up well though, it was only $15 and made in china.

I can't use cast iron cookware.  Too heavy for my arthritic hands.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 04:54:58 PM »
Well if you like it, and it doesn't hold up for some reason, maybe you can find a better brand somewhere to order?
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 09:50:41 PM »
I've had luck finding certain pot/pan items from either my local thrift shop or the local flea market.  You can find some good stuff and the prices are usually pretty good, too!

I have a glass pie pan and a glass "frying pan" (seriously, it looks like a frying pan but it's solid glass) at my thrift shop for $.50 each.  Can't beat that.

Yard sales can have some good stuff, too, but the season is pretty much over for those.

Just some suggestions.  I'm glad the ceramic worked well!
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 10:00:35 AM »
You might want to check with Aldi if you have one near. In our circular, there are some pans on sale at a reasonable price.

Tags: