Author Topic: UPS Delivery  (Read 1020 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
UPS Delivery
« on: December 06, 2017, 08:29:56 PM »
I've been waiting for a UPS delivery today.  Online it showed that the package was on the vehicle, and would be delivered today.  I don't live in a very good neighborhood  Silly7 so I don't want a package sitting out front by my front door.

The online status recently changed back to "Processing For Delivery."  Status still shows it will be delivered tonight though.  I'm thinking it isn't...
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: UPS Delivery
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 08:38:08 PM »
Guess what... delivery made!  UPS works some looooooong hours, during the holidays. 

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 09:09:47 PM »
I thought you were going back to bed?!   Silly7
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 09:23:13 PM »
I've had a package disappear last week. Said it was delivered, couldn't find it anywhere. It was from Petco. They'd split up an order and sent one darned braided bullystick by itself. Really easy to carry off, and there's reason to believe that a lot of things can be carried off lately with an electric fence seemingly not working.

But I'm not the one that's reported them to the authorities. I've been trying to keep the dog safe.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 12:30:03 PM »
But I'm not the one that's reported them to the authorities. I've been trying to keep the dog safe.

I'm slow... what does the above mean?  You think if you report Petco and/or UPS, they will try to get even...through your dogs?   :-[

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 12:49:05 PM »
I'm slow... what does the above mean?  You think if you report Petco and/or UPS, they will try to get even...through your dogs?   :-[

No. I think I've stated before that the leash-law isn't just a city or county law. In the state of TN, it's a state-law. The people on the other side of our police officer neighbor have a lot of pet ducks. The police officer's underground fence hasn't been been so reliant lately for some reason. Sometimes she has been leaving their yard. Especially to chase after the UPS guy that I talked to this morning. It's off and on.

Well, the people with the ducks have called animal control and reported the dog being loose twice already. Third time and they'll have to pay a fine to get the dog back. We've been doing what we can to chase her back to her yard if we find her out of bounds, but that's not to say she stays after we go back inside. I've also had to call her back from crossing the creek toward the road. I don't think that it's a training failure that's going on in this case. I think there's some kind of equipment failure.

I've been texting the neighbor every time we catch the dog out so they know, but they can't always leave work. I'm almost at the point of attaching one of our RV cables to one of the trees between our houses to use on the days she crosses the fence, but hubs said she might hang/choke herself since she's so hyper.

However, I don't think I can handle having another dog killed here so close to us. It breaks my heart, and I just don't need that right now. I didn't have a relationship with that puppy of theirs that got in the road 2 years ago, but I DO now have a sort of relationship with this dog from taking her home. It would hurt a lot worse.

BTW. . .The UPS guy seemed to have made the same correlation with my missing package and the dog. She was going back and forth that day. It seems that when both of us have packages delivered, he'll park in their yard, then walk across the yards. Until today, he didn't know about the easement across the yards for when it floods the drives. He said something about her following him that day he put the package on our porch.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 12:52:55 PM by DeeDee »
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2017, 12:59:01 PM »
I get it now... you assumed the neighbor's dog carried off the package!  *lightbulb moment*

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 03:36:50 PM »
I get it now... you assumed the neighbor's dog carried off the package!  *lightbulb moment*

Yep. He thought so too. I have no reason to not believe that he delivered it that day. I believe him. It just disappeared before I got home from mom's appointment. He's started a bad habit walking across the yards to save start/stop time in the truck with our crazy drives.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2017, 04:08:56 PM »
People stealing packages is one thing, but the neighbor's dog...   funny2

Tags: