Author Topic: Favorite foods you've never been able to replicate  (Read 576 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Favorite foods you've never been able to replicate
« on: December 11, 2017, 06:51:04 PM »
Something you had once, or even regulalry, in the past, that you can't get now.

For instance when I was in my mid 20s there was this Italian bakery where I lived.  Two things I used to get there.  Their homemade apple turnovers, and their fried egg sandwiches on a poppy seed hard roll.  Of course that was 30 years ago, but I still know exactly how both those things tasted and I long for them! For 7 years I enjoyed those things.

No other turnover or egg sandwich has ever come close.

Wolf Brand chili.  This is a food from my early 20s, when I lived in Houston Tx.  When I first came back to the northeast I was so sad I couldn't find it here. I could get it on Amazon now, but there are two things stopping me 1) I doubt after all these years it's the same recipe, and it probably taste like crap now, and 2) I don't want to be stuck with a case of it, if it's awful.

After I lost the Wolf Brand I turned to Campbell's Fiesta chili beef soup.  But they did away with that a long time ago now.  Beside, Campbell's is awful now.  That's why I learned to make my own soup. I havne't eaten Campbell's in years.

But mostly it's those turnovers and fried egg sandwiches.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Favorite foods you've never been able to replicate
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 07:29:07 PM »
The subject should have been:  You Know You Are Old When...  ;)

I say that because, in my line of work, I often get requests for items people remember from x amount of years ago.   Hug1
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: