This And That - Often Non Pet Related Topics > General Discussion

So the youngest granddaughter

(1/5) > >>

DeeDee:
She's been having to go to school this week when her sister didn't (exempt from semester exams), and wonder of all wonders, she's got type-A flu whichever that one is. She had a flu shot too. So whatever type-A is, the shot didn't work against it.

I've been exposed to her the past 2 days to take her home since her mom can't get to after-care on time due to the recent, extra traffic.

The Dr. is giving all 4 of them tamiflu though. I really hope I don't get this garbage from being around her. People are going to be awfully hungry on Christmas day if I do.

Middle Child:
You're immune system is probably strong enough to fight it off.  fingerscrossed fingerscrossed fingerscrossed

DeeDee:
In a perfect world, I'd have one.

Pookie:
You know what I'm going to say, right?  Vitamin C 1000 mg, several times a day (if it triggers diarrhea, back off on the dose), alternating with Zicam or Cold-Eeze, keeping the C and zinc at least 30 minutes apart.  L-Lysine, if you have it handy.  There's a whole slew of other things I could suggest, but the biggies (IMO) are the C and zinc.  They are really good at helping the body resist viruses.

DeeDee:

--- Quote from: Pookie on December 20, 2017, 09:35:55 PM ---You know what I'm going to say, right?  Vitamin C 1000 mg, several times a day (if it triggers diarrhea, back off on the dose), alternating with Zicam or Cold-Eeze, keeping the C and zinc at least 30 minutes apart.  L-Lysine, if you have it handy.  There's a whole slew of other things I could suggest, but the biggies (IMO) are the C and zinc.  They are really good at helping the body resist viruses.

--- End quote ---

Thank you! I've been sucking on alternating Zicams and Emergen-C since I was called. I've got a message into the Dr's main office to tell them they forgot me (we all see same Dr's group), and I've upped my Colchicine to max dose for the next few days since it has the tendency to slow cell regeneration. Figured that along with the other stuff might slow any possible issues enough for my body to fight it off if she passed me her germs. I've also drank ACV a couple of extra times today. Usually only use it before meals, but hey.

I can't do a whole lot of Vitamin C though. It eats my stomach up, and all I do is wake up burping up acid. About 2000 a day is all I can handle. If they don't call me in some Tamiflu tomorrow, I'll go get the L-Lysine tomorrow when I'm getting mom's groceries. Anything else?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version