Author Topic: Wall Cat Tree  (Read 233 times)

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
Wall Cat Tree
« on: January 04, 2018, 05:26:16 PM »
I got one for Christmas.   Can't have too many cat trees!  Silly7
It is supposed to go on a door, but one reviewer mentioned he attached it to the wall.  That sounded like a MUCH better idea!  Arrows is a horizontal scratcher.  I am going to have to add a piece of carpet or cardboard to the shelves, or he will have it torn up in no time!   The carpet, that came on it, is pretty thin material. 
There is enough room for the cats to go from one shelf to another (zig zag)... even though it may not look like it in the picture. 

This is it.  I paid less then 50 bucks in December.  It is worth 50 bucks... IMO.

https://www.amazon.com/SmartCat-3826-Multi-Level-Cat-Climber/dp/B001362AFS/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1515108196&sr=8-4&keywords=cat+scratching+post+door
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 05:29:39 PM by Lola »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: Wall Cat Tree
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 05:43:11 PM »
I've seen those and many times thought about trying one for the closet door, but was afraid I wouldn't be able tp close the door, isn't there something that is supposed to hang over the door jamb?  I've read they were wobbly.

So how do you get it to stay flat on the wall?  You bolted it?  How? That might be a nice compromise fro Queen Eva once she loses her box spring Mountain.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 06:28:22 PM »
That looks like one of those nifty things Jackson Galaxy is always promoting.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 03:01:24 PM »
I've seen those and many times thought about trying one for the closet door, but was afraid I wouldn't be able tp close the door, isn't there something that is supposed to hang over the door jamb?  I've read they were wobbly.

So how do you get it to stay flat on the wall?  You bolted it?  How? That might be a nice compromise fro Queen Eva once she loses her box spring Mountain.

It did come with metal thingies to attach it to the top and bottom of the door.  Hubby took those off. 
I have had things that "hang on doors" before, and I was able to close my doors.  BUT I have room at the top of my doors.  I assume most people do.   :-\  And my doors were originally cut for carpeting running under the doors, and I now have tile...so I have lots of room at the bottom of all my doors also.   

Still... I personally wouldn't hang one on a door.  I would THINK it would move around quite a bit... with nothing holding it to the door in the middle. 

Hubby bolted ours to the wall.  I don't know if you can see in the picture, but there are bolts at the top, middle, and bottom.  It isn't going anywhere! 

Arrows is a diagonal scratcher, he will have the shelves tore up in no time.  I need to put another piece of carpet or cardboard (his favorite) on the shelves... or at least one of them.  No one has used the sisal rope parts yet.  If I had to guess... there really isn't room to stretch and scratch those areas. 

Funny story...
I'm what some call a minimal person.  I don't like a lot of stuff.  My walls are decorated very lightly.  The living room (where this cat tree is) ...I have a few basic items on the entertainment center under the TV.  The coffee table and end table... nothing.  There is a reason for that tho.  The end table is in the perfect place for the cats to sit and play with a toy that hangs from the ceiling.   Silly7  The coffee table is used for a runway to the big window.  The cats love to jump from the recliner, sliiiiiiiiide over the coffee table, land on the sofa, and then look out the window.  Feet never hit the ground! 

The point of this story... a person came to my house the other day and mentioned my minimal decorating.  :)  She liked the cool shelves on my wall, and asked why I don't have anything on them either.  The cool shelves are the wall cat tree.   Silly7
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 03:03:13 PM by Lola »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 05:53:36 PM »
LOVE the image of them sliiiiiding across the table . . .  funny2
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Tags: