Author Topic: Purina One Maturity Recall  (Read 2599 times)

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say no to Kibble Krack
"Education is the key" to make informed decisions about the health of our pets

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Purina One Maturity Recall
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 02:11:27 PM »
July 30, 2011

Purina is recalling Purina ONE Vibrant Maturity dry cat food for possible salmonella contamination. From their press release, at this time not on their website:

Nestle Purina PetCare Company (NPPC) issued a recall for a limited number of 3.5- and 7-pound bags of its Purina ONE Vibrant Maturity 7+ Dry Cat Food from a single production run and shipped to customers in 12 states in December 2010. This is being done because some bags of the product have been found to be contaminated with Salmonella. Only Purina ONE Vibrant Maturity 7+ Dry Cat Food with both the “Best By” date and the production code shown are included in this voluntary recall:

Purina ONE Vibrant Maturity 7+
3.5 lb.
MAY 2012  03341084
17800 01885

3.5 lb.
MAY 2012  03351084
17800 01885

7 lb.
MAY 2012  03341084
17800 01887

7 lb.
MAY 2012  03351084
17800 01887

*”Best By” Date and Production Code are found on the back or bottom of the bag.

No additional Purina cat or dog products are involved in this voluntary recall.
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline CarnivorousCritter

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 11:46:47 PM »
 Wonder how many sick animals it took ... and what the deal is with "voluntary" recall? Another clever term they've drummed up.

As IF  there was some Gov't agency overseeing them and issuing recall ALERTS (God Forbid) LOL  

BTW, anyone see this mentioned ANYwhere outside of Pet Internet sites?

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 12:06:51 AM »
I wonder how many people aren't posting on consumeraffairs.com?   

7/8/11
I have many cats with diarrhea, weakness and fever. Now I see a recall on Purina dry food for Salmonella, that is what we use.

Diana

1/20/11
We purchased Beneful Healthy Weight Dry Dog Food in January 2011 trying to supplement our labradors food instead of snacks.
We noticed she began gagging after the first day to the point of choking, vomiting and going outside to do her business more than normal. After 3 days we have concluded it is the dog food causing the problem. We have not had any problems with her normal food or snacks prior to this purchase.

I think someone needs to check into Purina Dog Foods and recall before they kill our pets.

Laura of Bowie, TX

1/18/11

1/7/11  We had purchased a large bag of BENEFUL from the store several months ago. My Jack Russell started having seizures, out of nowhere! (not to mention occasional diarrhea and vomiting) She's always been a healthy dog. I took her to the vet and they ran a bunch of tests, concluding that she was healthy, other than an elevated level of fat in her liver. I was told if the seizures continued, they would put her on medication for epilepsy. She was monitored closely and the seizures stopped- right after she finished the bag of food.
I suspected that it could be the culprit, so stopped buying the food for her. She has been seizure free since then- until my husband came home with a small bag from t
he corner store. He fed her, and I didn't really even look to see what kind of food it was- but now the seizures have started again!

I took the food away and she hasn't had one since. Coincidence? I don't think so.

About 6 weeks ago, I purchased Purina's new food, Purina Beyond. Two out of my 5 cats have developed bladder infections -- both females. Please beware of this. UTIs can be life-threatening, if undetected.
[/size][/size]
julie

Offline FurMonster Mom

• Charter Member
  • Gabster
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 05:37:57 PM »
  ... and what the deal is with "voluntary" recall? Another clever term they've drummed up.

As IF  there was some Gov't agency overseeing them and issuing recall ALERTS (God Forbid) LOL   

From what I remember, voluntary recalls actually keep them off the gov't lists.
Because a "voluntary" recall means they did it themselves, without being "told" to.
It also means that they don't have to put the word out through the media, they can just quietly tell the stores to remove the product from the shelves...  hence, "voluntary".

Nice loophole, huh?

meow meow meow meow meow meow? -woof!
Translation: "I can has my raw food? -please!"

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 06:02:10 PM »
Incredible.          bangshead :-X

Thanks for the clear-up FurMonsterMom

(Wonder if the mainstream Mediots would dare find the time to report anything "bad" about the hands that feed them anyway, what with Angelina Jolie & Harry Potter still out there, breathing and all....  :( )

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 09:23:19 AM »
(Wonder if the mainstream Mediots would dare find the time to report anything "bad" about the hands that feed them anyway, what with Angelina Jolie & Harry Potter still out there, breathing and all....  :( )

I doubt you meant it to be funny, but I can't help it:   funny2
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Tags: recall purina one