Author Topic: I just killed my food processor.  (Read 6789 times)

Offline Catgirl64

• Chatter Bug
Re: I just killed my food processor.
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2018, 03:08:05 AM »
:o :-X yuk

The dead mouse she left in my bed once in Alaska was worse.  At least I found that BEFORE I got under the covers.   ::)

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2018, 05:25:11 AM »
I don't do it every day, thank Heaven.  I try to mix at least 5-6 lbs. meat with the Alnutrin at a time, and would like to increase that amount to at least a week's worth.  No choice.  I seriously cannot afford RadCat or really high-quality (ha) canned food on anything like an ongoing basis.   

As for chewing, I am going to have to kind of watch Lily.  I think she may have "gulper" tendencies.  Of course, I have to watch her, anyway, because of her habit of hiding her treasures.  Last night, I thought she ate all of her food, but when I went to bed, I found myself lying on something wet.  It was a chunk of beef cheek that she hid under the covers.  -_-

funny2 funny2 funny2

Offline Catgirl64

• Chatter Bug
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2018, 12:10:15 PM »
Wonderful.  The grinder will not get here until tomorrow.  It was delayed due to weather - sleet and snow.  I guess my cats will be introduced to chunks sooner than I expected.  I still have some canned, but if I keep using it, I will run out before the grinder comes.  Thawing two chicken breasts and will probably end up thawing out the ground elk, too, just in case.  It's flash-frozen stuff I got at Sprouts, so I'm pretty sure it would be safe.  Beef cheek and pork roast are not items I want to try cut up that small - my wrist starts to hurt after about five minutes of that.  I may give some to the dogs, though.  I think they will eat larger pieces.   

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2018, 01:53:09 PM »
I don't do it every day, thank Heaven.  I try to mix at least 5-6 lbs. meat with the Alnutrin at a time, and would like to increase that amount to at least a week's worth.  No choice.  I seriously cannot afford RadCat or really high-quality (ha) canned food on anything like an ongoing basis.   

You are still doing a LOT of work quite often!  I like to have a few months worth of ready to go frozen meals.  Too many variables that could screw up having meals ready... and then put me in panic mode.   I have even tried telling myself... "Worse case scenario, I go to the store and buy some canned.  It isn't like it is going to kill them." 

RadCat is a pretty much a treat at our house.  I buy it once (maybe twice) a year.  Too costly for me to feed regularly to 6 cats and one dog. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2018, 01:55:13 PM »

As for chewing, I am going to have to kind of watch Lily.  I think she may have "gulper" tendencies.  Of course, I have to watch her, anyway, because of her habit of hiding her treasures.  Last night, I thought she ate all of her food, but when I went to bed, I found myself lying on something wet.  It was a chunk of beef cheek that she hid under the covers.  -_-

Ewwwwww!  I would have to throw out the sheets, mattress, and probably the bed! 

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2018, 01:57:15 PM »
Bummer about the food processor.  Sorry. :( 

Offline Catgirl64

• Chatter Bug
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2018, 02:05:07 PM »
Ewwwwww!  I would have to throw out the sheets, mattress, and probably the bed!

It had been a difficult day, and I was too tired to fuss with it.  I fed the chunk to Bandit, washed off my leg, put a towel over the wet spot, and fell asleep.   :-[

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2018, 02:46:42 PM »
It had been a difficult day, and I was too tired to fuss with it.  I fed the chunk to Bandit, washed off my leg, put a towel over the wet spot, and fell asleep.   :-[

I did something verrrrrrry similar once, when one of my human kids barfed in my bed.  I figured no one was going to die... and we all needed sleep.  lol  Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.  :)

Offline Catgirl64

• Chatter Bug
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2018, 06:33:46 PM »
Grinder is still not here, and as tomorrow is Sunday, won't be here then, either.   :'(

No choice now but to mince by hand.  The minute that thing gets here, I am going to grind up every bit of meat I got for them, and then run out and get more, and grind it up, too, and stock up the freezer so well that this never happens again.  I also ordered an emergency case of canned food, just in case the power goes out sometime and my raw either spoils or cannot be thawed. 

I know weather happens, and this is no one's fault, but I am still so frustrated and angry right now.   :-[

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2018, 07:31:49 PM »
Grinder is still not here, and as tomorrow is Sunday, won't be here then, either.   :'(

No choice now but to mince by hand.  The minute that thing gets here, I am going to grind up every bit of meat I got for them, and then run out and get more, and grind it up, too, and stock up the freezer so well that this never happens again.  I also ordered an emergency case of canned food, just in case the power goes out sometime and my raw either spoils or cannot be thawed. 

I know weather happens, and this is no one's fault, but I am still so frustrated and angry right now.   :-[

Sorry to hear the grinder hasn't arrived.  So very frustrating for you...   Hug1

Offline Catgirl64

• Chatter Bug
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2018, 05:19:07 AM »
Sorry to hear the grinder hasn't arrived.  So very frustrating for you...   Hug1

It really is.  And since today is a federal holiday, I probably won't be getting it until Tuesday, at the earliest.  I have enough food made up to last until then, I think, but only if it does arrive, and does so early in the day.  In any case, they are not thrilled with the texture of this batch, which I mentioned in my "journey" thread.  Since we are going shopping today, in preparation for more possible snow, I may have to resort to buying some freshly-ground meat from the butcher.  I hate to do that, as I am aware of the risks, but it's better than having them not want to eat enough.  The dogs are accepting small chunks, but the cats...not so much.  I have some emergency canned food on the way, but of course it won't be here tomorrow, either. 

I want my freezer to look like yours!  THAT is food security.   DrLisaPiersonWorthy DrLisaPiersonWorthy DrLisaPiersonWorthy
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 05:27:48 AM by Catgirl64 »

Offline Catgirl64

• Chatter Bug
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2018, 04:40:47 PM »
It's here!

I guess they deliver packages on days they don't deliver letters.  It was sitting under the carport when we got home from the grocery store.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2018, 05:01:12 PM »
multistars multistars multistars

Happy grinding!   ;D
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2018, 05:03:13 PM »
Glad to hear you got it! I see a long time in the kitchen in your future!
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Catgirl64

• Chatter Bug
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2018, 05:09:10 PM »
Glad to hear you got it! I see a long time in the kitchen in your future!

Yep!  I am going to process everything I have on hand for them tonight and tomorrow.  This should be a fun activity if we are snowed in again.  ::)  Next time we shop - probably this weekend - get some more and prepare it, too.  I would love to get to the point that I have at least a week's worth of food ready to go, and a month's worth would be even better.  That may not happen just because the furkids have to share a freezer with the human occupants of the house, but it's definitely motivation to clean the thing out more often. 

« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 05:15:31 PM by Catgirl64 »

Tags: