This And That - Often Non Pet Related Topics > General Discussion

Roller Shade issue

(1/4) > >>

Pookie:
Ok, I admit it:  I feel stupid asking this question.  But hey, if I can't be stupid among friends, then where?

I have roller shades in my bedroom.  This morning I tried to pull one up and it kept pulling down until it fell off the roller.  Meaning the roller was still hanging at the top of the window, but the shade part was no longer attached.

I have Googled but have not found anything to tell me how to fix this.  I'm assuming I can glue it back on, but I don't know what would be a good glue to use.  Gorilla Glue?  Is that a bit . . . overkill?  Mom suggested I staple it, but I'm nervous that the shade itself might rip over time where the staples are.  I'd really prefer not to buy a new shade, or replace both of them with something else.  Any suggestions?  Is there a glue I can use that's less aggressive than Gorilla Glue that would work?

Meanwhile, I swapped that shade for one in my spare bedroom.  Hopefully my mum and African violet by that window won't mind the change in light too much.   fingerscrossed

Thanks in advance!

Lola:
I've used Gorilla Glue.  It is good, but not over-kill for anything I have used it on.  It is my "go to" glue.  Plus there aren't the issues with it, like there is with Super Glue.

I have rolling shades in my kitchen.  They are stapled.  They came that way though.

Pookie:

--- Quote from: Lola on March 12, 2018, 09:17:27 PM ---I've used Gorilla Glue.  It is good, but not over-kill for anything I have used it on.  It is my "go to" glue.  Plus there aren't the issues with it, like there is with Super Glue.

--- End quote ---

To me, they're basically the same thing, lol.

Lola:
I don't stick my fingers together with Gorilla Glue. 

DeeDee:
Gorilla Glue Clear, but I'm not sure. I think it might melt some things like superglue does.  https://www.gorillatough.com/product/clear-gorilla-glue/

All surfaces must be clean and tight fitting. Clear Gorilla Glue will stain clothes.
1. Damp It
For non-porous surfaces only (i.e. metal, glass, plastics), lightly dampen one surface with water. Do not add water to bottle.

2. Glue It
Apply Clear Gorilla Glue to surfaces. Best at room temperature.

3. Clamp It
Clamp objects together for 2 hours. Full cure in 24 hrs. You can use heavy objects to achieve clamping pressure.

*Not recommended for use on polyethylene or polypropylene plastics.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version