Non Species Specific Furkid Topics > Reaching One Furkid Parent At A Time...

Blood Work Wording...

(1/3) > >>

Lola:
I always request a full panel blood work.  Senior panel.  Plus T something.  Urinalysis.  I might have missed something else also.
A vet always seems to know what I am yapping about, so I don't know the exact wording.   Silly7
What is it, please?

DeeDee:
Full thyroid panel?

Middle Child:
T-4 and Free T-4.

Pookie:

--- Quote from: Lola on April 20, 2018, 01:17:48 PM ---I always request a full panel blood work.  Senior panel.  Plus T something.  Urinalysis.  I might have missed something else also.
A vet always seems to know what I am yapping about, so I don't know the exact wording.   Silly7
What is it, please?

--- End quote ---

What is what, the "T something?"  If so, like MC said it's T-4 and T-3, or as Dee said, a full thyroid panel.  Either should work, thought I would think that "full thyroid panel" would include more than just the T3 and 4, like TSH, free T3, etc.  But I never had that done for Pookie so I don't know for sure.  I did a super-quick Google and found this:

https://vcahospitals.com/know-your-pet/thyroid-hormone-testing-in-dogs

Lola:
This is what I wrote:

--- Quote ---At our vets (we have two), in house testing isn't as extensive as having blood and urine sent out to IDEXX. Your vet office could be different.

There are four main categories of wellness testing for senior dogs: complete blood count (CBC), biochemistry profile, urinalysis, and thyroid hormone testing.

--- End quote ---

He wrote back:

--- Quote ---They sent me this email when I asked about the in house blood work “The in-house blood work does check kidney and liver function as well as electrolytes. The anesthesia is filtered through the liver and kidneys, so knowing that they are functioning properly is what is really important.“

--- End quote ---

For some reason, I was thinking his dog was a senior.  I'm thinking maybe the dog isn't a senior.
More often then not, I wish I would just STAY out of conversations...

I jumped in because others were telling him he was paying waaaaay to much...the vet was taking him to the cleaners... get a new vet.  He wants to have the dental done at his vet's office.  He is already stressed to the max.  Besides, the estimate was totally inline with estimates I have received from the vet that does GOOD dentals. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version