This And That - Often Non Pet Related Topics > General Discussion

Air Fryers?

(1/6) > >>

Lola:
Anyone have one or used one?  Or... ate food cooked in one, while at someone else's home?   Silly7
They SOUND like a good idea.  There are also a gaziilion to choose from and huge price differences.

I'm trying to come up an idea for a birthday gift for hubby.  He LOVES fries fried in the deep fryer.  I would like to get away from that.  Kill two birds with one stone, kind of a thing.  :)

(My apologies to the birds.)

DeeDee:
I've got one. Never used it. My aunt got it and decided she hated the trouble she had to go through to clean it. She gave it to my mom. My mom never tried it, and shoved it off on me.

I've never even looked at the booklet that came with it, and no one I've asked to take it wants it.

ThreeStep:
We have a Cuisinart combo air fryer/convection oven/toaster/warmer and it is in use daily. Home made fries work well. Soak cut potatoes in cold water for 30 minutes, dry, add spice, spray with a tiny bit of oil. Eat immediately. Frozen fries work like a charm. Bacon, wings, burgers, brats, asparagus - perfect. I use it to reheat from waffles to chicken. Frozen prefab foods such as fish or chicken do really well. Tortillia chips - sprinkle spice and a drop or two of oil on two tortillias, cut into wedges. Two minutes and you are set to add everything you like on nachos. Cleanup is easy. I am lazy and cover the pan under the fryer basket in foil. Found Reynolds aluminum foil sheets at the Dollar Tree and bought a case.

It is basically a small high powered convection oven. SO wants to get a second one to leave on the patio. Yesterday's happy hour nachos, pizza (we were too tired for his b-day meal wish) and mini pecan pies came out of The Box. Bacon for this morning's gritts is done and in the fridge. One minute to recrisp it while the grits is sitting.

Our additions are two oil misters - olive and vegetable but they are in use throughout the kitchen. Made great Christmas presents and Amazon shipped a lot for me:)

One word of caution. Do not leave it alone. Do not rely on a timer. Stand guard.

I convinced several friends to either get and use one or use one which was sitting around. Get one at a store with painless return policy such as Kohl's. Check for easy handling and dishwasher safe parts. Please buy a size larger then you think you need. Foods needs space and air has to circulate. No cramming.

ThreeStep:

--- Quote from: DeeDee on June 09, 2018, 05:48:32 PM ---I've got one. Never used it. My aunt got it and decided she hated the trouble she had to go through to clean it. She gave it to my mom. My mom never tried it, and shoved it off on me.

I've never even looked at the booklet that came with it, and no one I've asked to take it wants it.

--- End quote ---

I will gladly take it.

Middle Child:
Wow.   DrLisaPiersonWorthy DrLisaPiersonWorthy DrLisaPiersonWorthy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version