Author Topic: Dave’s Pet Food Voluntarily Recalls 95% Premium Beef Canned Dog Food  (Read 1218 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Dave’s Pet Food of Agawam, MA is recalling a single lot of Dave’s Dog Food 95% premium beef cans because the products potentially contain elevated levels of beef thyroid hormone.

Product was distributed all along the east coast of the US, sold in pet stores and ecommerce sites.

The recalled product consists of a single batch (548 cases) of 13 oz., 95% premium beef dog food with a UPC # of 85038-11167 and a date code of 08/2020.

Dogs consuming high levels of beef thyroid hormone may exhibit symptoms such as increased thirst and urination, weight loss, increased heart rate and restlessness. These symptoms may resolve when the consumption of these levels is discontinued. However, with prolonged consumption these symptoms may increase in severity and may include vomiting, diarrhea, and rapid or labored breathing. Should these symptoms occur, we recommend pet owners contact their veterinarian immediately.

More of the story: http://truthaboutpetfood.com/daves-pet-food-voluntarily-recalls-95-premium-beef-canned-dog-food/
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
I don't remember who it was, but someone tested x amount of canned pet foods.  VERY few had the appropriate amount of vitamins and such.  If I remember correctly, they were lacking, rather then having too much. 

I'm glad that one of the first things someone taught me (when I fed canned) was to rotate, rotate, rotate.  Rotating saved our cats from a baaaaaad situation.  Even with feeding raw, I still rotate brands of meat and proteins. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: