This And That - Often Non Pet Related Topics > General Discussion

Phooey-had to buy a new fan

(1/6) > >>

Middle Child:
My fan was dying. It's not dead yet, but it's doing funny things.  I realized it was going to have to be replaced. I worried this late in the season there wouldn't be any fans.  I found one at Lowes, but cripes it was $50 for an oscillating "desk" fan.  It was all they had though so I took it.  It's "stainless steel" is why it was so expensive.  I could have done with plastic, but I need a fan and it could not wait until I bought something on line.  I need a fan at night, my bedroom is intolerable without it.

Home Depot didn't have any at all.

For that price it should come with a remote.  It doesn't.

At least it doesn't smell.

Lola:

--- Quote from: Middle Child on July 14, 2018, 02:22:04 PM ---My fan was dying. It's not dead yet, but it's doing funny things.  I realized it was going to have to be replaced. I worried this late in the season there wouldn't be any fans.  I found one at Lowes, but cripes it was $50 for an oscillating "desk" fan.  It was all they had though so I took it.  It's "stainless steel" is why it was so expensive.  I could have done with plastic, but I need a fan and it could not wait until I bought something on line.  I need a fan at night, my bedroom is intolerable without it.

Home Depot didn't have any at all.

For that price it should come with a remote.  It doesn't.

At least it doesn't smell.

--- End quote ---

50 bucks... whoa!  Glad you found one though!

Middle Child:
Yeah.  My main worry with the dying fan was..fire.  If it's not operating right, what's to stop the motor bursting into flames in the middle of the night, you know?

So I was desperate to have one, tonight, because I worried about the darn thing all last night.
Can't help wondering if Lowe's jacked up the price, seeing their low stock and knowing anyone buying a fan at this time in the season would be desperate.

I know they don't order more in after a certain date, and I am sure that date has passed.  But I needed it, tonight.

A few months ago that much money, I would have shrugged it off, because I budget (used to) for expendable income..  Now, with a car payment, all expendable income is going on THAT, and I already made my payment this month, with this month's expendable income added to the minimum payment to work on the principle.

It's taking some work to shrug it off. Silly7

DeeDee:
We've got 2 extras. One in the closet, and one out in the RV if we have to end up taking it in middle of winter. Might want to consider getting an extra and putting it somewhere.

Lola:

--- Quote from: Middle Child on July 14, 2018, 06:26:16 PM ---Yeah.  My main worry with the dying fan was..fire.  If it's not operating right, what's to stop the motor bursting into flames in the middle of the night, you know?

--- End quote ---

Peace of mind is worth $50!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version