Author Topic: Izzi and Her Aunties  (Read 4366 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Izzi and Her Aunties
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2018, 04:32:38 PM »
Again, just throwing out this info (NOT trying to be a jerk or anything)... hairballs should go out the backend.  You might want to pay attention how often stuff like that happens.  I'm ONLY sharing because of experience I have had with my cats.  Stuff I thought was the norm and such, that wasn't. 

Did your SO have any luck with the weigh-in? 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline ThreeStep

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2018, 07:23:25 AM »
It got late last night and nobody wanted to play.
Aunties had breakfast and are settled in. Izzi has conversations with a flock of sparrows.
I understand which way hair balls are supposed to come out which is considerable more pleasant and less time consuming than the other way.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2018, 10:45:08 PM »
I keep a journal of what I feed for every meal.  (Thanks to MC!) I also include notes if anything out of the ordinary happens.  It comes in handy, and I don't have to rely on my memory.  ;)

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2018, 05:11:48 AM »
 Hug1

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2018, 08:15:58 AM »
I keep a journal of what I feed for every meal.  (Thanks to MC!) I also include notes if anything out of the ordinary happens.  It comes in handy, and I don't have to rely on my memory.  ;)

I did that, too, for Pookie and his sister.  It helped me figure out that they couldn't tolerate foods with fish, at least, not when I was still feeding kibble.  When I went to all-wet, grain-free, they were better able to eat foods with fish, but I didn't feed it very often.  Anyway, it's a handy thing to have, and I would take it with me when I went to the vet so I could refer to my notes if needed.
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline ThreeStep

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2018, 01:03:18 PM »
Ladies - you make me feel like an ogre. I do not see three hair balls and tiny ones at that and one vomiting in ten months as a crisis. Vets around here are expensive and useless. Last time I asked how to get ShadowCat loose weight the answer was feed her less and it does not matter what. Worth 150$ do you not think so?

5:00 am - feeding three different plates, begging Izzi three times to please consider eating, brushing three cats,  make hot breakfast for SO, get myself ready, clean boxes, .... . We really care for our three whiskers but they are part of the family not the family. If I am offending someone - please let me know. SO keeps the wrappers of cans that the furries like especially Izzi. Yes, we tried to go through the site of catinfo - extremely interesting, confusing, scary. So far - a few bites of boiled chicken, never the next day. Liver anyone? It is ten miles to the next WalMart.
It is the two of us. No family but elderly problem parents and daily issues and one sibling each - mine does not know me; SO's makes her presence known around her birthday. Venting? Yes.
As much sense as a food diary makes - not here. Aunties - two vomits in about a year, no health issues but plain ol' being bossy old biddies. Izzi - three hair balls (considering her floof), one minor vomit (just a bit of liquid) and the one last week. I think it was ShadowCat dogging her.

Back to work.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2018, 02:06:56 PM »
Mentioning a journal was just a suggestion.  Nothing more... nothing less. REALLY. 
You do what works for YOU!

I started one, when I transitioned our bunch from kibble to can.  It made it easier for me to keep track if there were any issues with a brand or protein.  Issues as in ...did one not eat all their food?  Did one not eat at all.  Barf?  Stool issues?  Stuff like that. 

The journal continues to come in handy.  My notes are pretty basic, now that we have been feeding raw for several years, but it still comes in handy at times... especially if I make any changes.

Also because two of us do the feeding, it often helps the other to know who added what to which meal. 
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 02:09:51 PM by Lola »

Tags: