Author Topic: I've figured out the so-called Black Friday on line sales  (Read 891 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
I've figured out the so-called Black Friday on line sales
« on: November 23, 2018, 12:42:39 PM »
The deep discounts aren't ever on things you would normally buy.  They only apply to things you have no use for or wouldn't buy unless they are deeply discounted. In other words, money wasters. What a crock of BS.

I suppose for people who like to go crazy and spend more money than they have on useless things for themselves or others, it works out great for them and the retailer. Not so much for people who aren't like that.

Bah humbug. lol

Offline ThreeStep

• Motor Mouth
Re: I've figured out the so-called Black Friday on line sales
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 03:17:05 PM »
I hate to tell you this but you are behind the curve. Sometimes you can snatch a bargain but I have not found anything we need or want this year.

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Administrator
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 08:08:45 PM »
I got a deep discount on a new TV and several computer components that will be well used, all without leaving the house :D worked out pretty good for me lol
Brandon

Offline ThreeStep

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2018, 08:17:42 AM »
I got a deep discount on a new TV and several computer components that will be well used, all without leaving the house :D worked out pretty good for me lol
Good for you!

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2018, 08:54:18 AM »
A few years ago, I bought a washer and dryer online on Black Friday.  I think that was probably my best buy ever.
This year I bought a few things that were heavily discounted, that were on kids' Christmas lists. 
I've been eyeing some expensive shoe inserts for a very long time.  They are supposedly 100% guaranteed and have great reviews, but I just haven't had the guts to pull the trigger.  Today, I think I am going to go for it!

I noticed today that many places have extended their Black Friday sales. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2018, 08:59:25 AM »
I guess I just don't know how to shop lol. The one thing I actually need that might be considered big ticket is snowshoes and I did not find any "black friday" deals on good quality snowshoes.  I bought a cheap pair, which I will probably regret but I need snowshoes and cannot afford a good pair right now.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2018, 10:53:51 AM »
I'm not much of a shopper, but just curious for those of you who shopped online yesterday:  which has better online deals, Black Friday or Cyber-Monday?
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline ThreeStep

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2018, 04:21:04 PM »
Guilty as charged. Called in 20 cases of cat food and a bag of Blue Buffalo for Izzy at Chewy's. Canned on super sale. Asked for a discount and got 10$. Considering that we go throug 8 cans minimum per day - every bit is appreciated.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2018, 04:46:11 PM »
I'm not much of a shopper, but just curious for those of you who shopped online yesterday:  which has better online deals, Black Friday or Cyber-Monday?

I have no idea.  I think people that have specific things on a list likely do the best, as far as which one is better and who likely has the better prices. 
If I still had small children or a lot of people to buy for, I would likely put some serious effort into it all.  Since I don't have either of those things going on... I don't.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2018, 04:46:35 PM »
Guilty as charged. Called in 20 cases of cat food and a bag of Blue Buffalo for Izzy at Chewy's. Canned on super sale. Asked for a discount and got 10$. Considering that we go throug 8 cans minimum per day - every bit is appreciated.

You got a discount just because you ASKED for one? 

Offline ThreeStep

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2018, 07:28:14 AM »
You got a discount just because you ASKED for one?

I always ask when I call Chewy's and generally get 10$ which is a call center rep's discretion. They can give up to 10% but on a limited basis per customer.
If you leave a nice note via service@chewys.com the rep gets a plus point towards purchase incentives. It is the same at other big box stores.
Phone company went up as an incentive expired. SO called and huffed about it. I called and got it reinstated for 12 months at a lower rate. Just told the rep she sounded very professionally and if she could work some magic. It was worth the two minutes to tell her team lead she did a great job.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 07:33:14 AM by ThreeStep »

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Administrator
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2018, 02:32:48 AM »
Cyber Monday tends to bring out more tech and online discounted deals, whereas Black Friday is an "all-around" and "in-person" deals kinda thing....in my experience.
Brandon

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2018, 05:09:10 PM »
I always ask when I call Chewy's and generally get 10$ which is a call center rep's discretion. They can give up to 10% but on a limited basis per customer.
If you leave a nice note via service@chewys.com the rep gets a plus point towards purchase incentives. It is the same at other big box stores.
Phone company went up as an incentive expired. SO called and huffed about it. I called and got it reinstated for 12 months at a lower rate. Just told the rep she sounded very professionally and if she could work some magic. It was worth the two minutes to tell her team lead she did a great job.

Now that I think about it, hubby had to get a new cell phone.  There is usually a $30 activation fee.  Total BS, as far as I am concerned.  I've never been able to talk a rep into not making me pay it.  However, this last time I was successful!  :)

Tags: