Author Topic: Something really delicious  (Read 2077 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Something really delicious
« on: November 24, 2018, 01:58:09 PM »
Oh man, this is amazing. Häagen-Dazs Dulce de Leche (caramel ice cream) with hot homemade  chunky applesauce (cinnamon, allspice and brown sugar) dribbled over it.

Offline ThreeStep

• Motor Mouth
Re: Something really delicious
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 04:22:49 PM »
Enjoy and please have seconds:)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 04:44:05 PM »
Just remember one carton is FOUR servings.  Silly7
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2018, 05:00:34 PM »
Just remember one carton is FOUR servings.  Silly7

Actually I got about 6 servings.  Silly7  Eaten over a period of 3 hours.   The only way to eat ice cream is to keep eating it until it is gone. funny2

Seriously.

For vanilla, I have a number of ways to eat it. Plain, with frozen cherries added, with Nestle's Quick and milk added, with orange juice added.....

Up until today I didn't have any extra ways to eat the caramel.  Now I do!

I only buy Häagen-Dazs

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2018, 05:11:13 PM »
Enjoy and please have seconds:)

Well if you insist.  funny2  It's all gone now.  The ice cream. The apple sauce will last a couple of weeks.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2018, 05:45:50 PM »
Well if you insist.  funny2  It's all gone now.  The ice cream. The apple sauce will last a couple of weeks.

I no longer have 2 weeks of apple sauce.  I lost half of it because I am an !@#$%^&*() idiot.  I dropped the container while trying to find room for it in the !@#$%^&* tiny refrigerator that never should have been designed.

Of course, I could have stopped and put the !@#$%^&* container DOWN, while I tried to make room, but NOOOO, I held it in my hand and of course dropped it and the lid popped off and half the contents went all over the floor and my slippers.

All that work to make it, down the drain. Major pout.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2018, 08:24:09 PM »
All that work to make it, down the drain. Major pout.

:(  grouphug
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2018, 07:06:29 AM »

:(  grouphug

HeadButt  Hug1

I'm over it now. Mostly.

Offline ThreeStep

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2018, 07:40:43 AM »
You can make more apple sauce. Consider is scent of the season when the kitchen smells good.

Kitchen mishaps well happen. Ice cream is not a rationed item at the local grocery store. You need treats to keep up the good work with the furries.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2018, 09:21:47 AM »
You can make more apple sauce.

Yes but the point is, it costs money, time and hard labor (to me anyway) to do. That's why I was so upset.  I've gotten over it mostly now.

It's just frustrating when I do such stupid stuff. You'd think by now I would have learned to stop and think things through before ramming around full steam ahead.

I can't EVER seem to learn that lesson.

Offline ThreeStep

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2018, 10:42:57 AM »
You are not alone:)
SO turned into a heli husband when he brought me home Tuesday. Yes, I am hobbling and whining a bit. He can cook and when the urge overcomes him he can clean up. He does not have what it takes to be a sous chef in a residential kitchen! I lay things out, clean up as I go, there is a reason for the occasional chaos and it comes together at the end. He feeds the cats because they beg, washes yard hands in the kitchen sink I am using, scuttles behind me, cuts meat while it is resting, ..... He means so well but he drives me crazy! There is no need for hand prints on the fridge!

Apples are fairly inexpensive. Add one ripe pear to three apples. Just humor me. If you have to you can cut quarter, peel, freeze with a bit of lemon juice and cook, mash when you can or have time. It actually freezes well.

For your entertainment only. Do not recreate please. House warming after several years of remodel and I want to show off. Yes! House, patio, garden are licked clean and ready. Home made Chinese fingerfood including pork buns, scallion pancakes, ... - the works - are ready. Chicken dumplings in rice flour wrappers (labor of love for a friend with allergies) are in big bamboo steamer happily sitting on pieces of ice berg lettuce (non stick steaming one of the few uses for commercially grown ice berg I have). 45 minutes to show time and time for me to change clothes, freshen war paint aka make up, have a sip of wine and get ready to enjoy company. Something smells funny!!! My sous chef never follows instructions so he turned the stove eyes on high and did his final thing. Nothing like a stove fire 20 minutes before company. Steamers and all into the trash and out of the house, all windows open, whole house fan going, slicing a big knob of ginger. There is always Plan B aka freezer. Everything was on a platter but I had dirty pans in the garage. Got to love the black concrete mixing tubs:)
Feel better now?

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2018, 12:59:34 PM »
Yes but the point is, it costs money, time and hard labor (to me anyway) to do. That's why I was so upset.  I've gotten over it mostly now.

It's just frustrating when I do such stupid stuff. You'd think by now I would have learned to stop and think things through before ramming around full steam ahead.

I can't EVER seem to learn that lesson.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the odds are stuff like that will happen more often as we enter our "golden years." 

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2018, 03:02:21 PM »
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the odds are stuff like that will happen more often as we enter our "golden years." 

I've always been like this.  But the difference now is, the arthritis in my hands is just so bad.  I've always been rammy, I've always been a dropper. But like you say it's much worse now.  My hands are just so stiff now, they are so useless. I worry a lot aobut how I wil feed the cats as the hands get even worse.

You should see me at work trying to count money.  My hands just don't want to do it. I refuse to acknowledge anyone's impatience though.  If you choose to pay a $2,500 tax bill with cash, especially when it's tens and twenties and fives and ones, you deserve to stand there and wait. Especially if you can't even be bothered to put all the bills facing in the same direction. You don't want to wait for me to count, and then recount, take it to the bank first.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2018, 03:06:00 PM »
Banks (at least in my state) don't put money (bills) facing in one direction anymore. Drives me NUTS.

Offline ThreeStep

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2018, 03:44:11 PM »
The days of paying cash for taxes should be over by now. Is there anything that can be done about your hands?

Tags: