Author Topic: Something really delicious  (Read 2072 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: Something really delicious
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2018, 04:29:38 PM »
Banks (at least in my state) don't put money (bills) facing in one direction anymore. Drives me NUTS.

You mean if you go to the bank and cash a check they give you bills all every which way? That's insane. Errors are far more likely to happen if the bills are all every whichway.

The days of paying cash for taxes should be over by now. Is there anything that can be done about your hands?

We still take cash. Not many places do, I know. But we do.  So when they bring that wad to me, they should be prepared to stand and wait.  And if it's all mixed up they are going to wait a very very long time while I first straighten it al out.  I have several customers who I go through this with every year, with both their taxes and their water bills.  You'd think by now they'd know to at least straighten and face the bills and sort them before coming.

I don't think there is anything more I can do that I don't already do for my hands.  I take supplements and anti inflammatory meds. I've had the arthritis in them since my twenties, and it's just getting very bad now.

Regarding counting money, if I'd been doing it all my working life it probably wouldn't matter, even with the arthritis my hands would already know what to do.but I've only been doing it for 5 years so my hands have no muscle memory for it.

As for preparing raw meals for the cats.  So far I am still managing okay, but I can't help worry about it, because it is difficult some days.

As for the dropping things, well I've always been a dropper, and you'd think I'd remember that and stop being so impatient and slow down and think things through.  bangshead

Offline ThreeStep

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2018, 05:22:10 PM »
I feel for you. I had a customer in my banking days who paid his divorce settlement in pennies. Penny pinching chap who owned the original CocaCola house and now runs one of the largest safari outfits in Namibia. Kind of cute though.

The mother of a close friend could barely operate the gas cap of her car and SO made her a wooden jig. He just said let him know if he can help.

You are a dropper. I am a stumbler. Give me stairs and I shall show you bruised knees. Hence - all houses have been single story.

Have you researched kitchen equipment to make raw feeding easier?

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2018, 05:53:23 PM »
Before I bought the new car in May I was using these to open the gas tank after I had to replace the original gas cap:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0028YWRZM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D24J1EG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Have you researched kitchen equipment to make raw feeding easier?

I have to cut the meat. Knife and scissors. Not sure there is anything that could make it easier. :) I just worry about the day my hands will no longer work the scissors or knife.

Offline ThreeStep

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2018, 11:20:06 AM »
Gas cap - pretty much what SO made for her.

Meat - have you considered a semi-commercial slicer?

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2018, 11:38:02 AM »
I think I still have a grinder that fits on a counter, if you think you would be interested. 
I know you likely have things figured out for your comfort zone, so I won't make any other offers or suggestions.  :)
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2018, 03:16:10 PM »
Thanks.  You guys are wonderful and I love you.  But those would just make more work for myself. A meat slicer, I'd be likely to slice my finger off.  And both the grinder and the slicer would have to be cleaned. lol

Mazy cat's meat is put through a food processor, because she needs mousse like consistency.  It's an enormous amount of work, I do it once every 5 weeks, for her supper meals. Queen Eva eats chunks (scissors).  Jennie is on canned now, so not an issue. I have a special little tool that opens pop top cans.

Rad Cat causes the most problems because it has to be cut up still frozen.  I have two months left of Rad Cat.  Hoping by the time I run out (before I run out) they will be back in production.  If not, Mazy cat will be back to 2/3 canned.  She will not eat EZc full time. 

Tags: