Author Topic: CatCentric.org  (Read 4388 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
CatCentric.org
« on: October 14, 2011, 10:29:57 AM »
CatCentric’s Mission: This site was created as a venue to explore with you the reasons raw feeding is the most optimal diet for your cat. Although I’ll have lighter fare (such as Feel Good Fridays!), most of CatCentric’s content will discuss general feline nutrition and how it impacts a cat’s health, with a strong focus on raw feeding. I’ll review scientific studies, explain in clear terms why the fears around raw feeding are unfounded, and discuss the many raw feeding options and how they can be integrated into your life.
As an obligate carnivore, cats are uniquely, specifically and extraordinarily well-designed to thrive on a prey-animal based diet. Cats on a balanced raw diet do not suffer from serious obesity, diabetes, urinary tract disease, or IBD. Cats transitioned from processed diets to raw diets see vast improvement and / or total eradication of these ailments – because a raw, prey-based diet is what they are built to use as fuel for every system in their bodies.

thumbsup1

http://catcentric.org/
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 04:32:03 PM by Lola, Reason: Subject line needed help. »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Auntie Crazy

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
    • CatCentric - Your place for all things cats!
Re: catcentric.org
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 01:52:01 AM »
Thanks, Lola!

CatCentric.org now has a Facebook page and Twitter account that will allow you to keep up with new posts and articles. "Like" the site or "Follow" the site today! Better yet, do both!  :-*

AC
AC's Crew: Allen, Rachel, Meghan, Spencer, Heather & Ralph

CatCentric.org: A feline nutrition, raw feeding, cat care, health & behavior blog & resource site.

Offline CarnivorousCritter

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
Re: catcentric.org
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 07:06:32 AM »
 thumbsup1 thumbsup1 thumbsup1 :)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: CatCentric.org
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2011, 04:33:53 PM »
Thanks, Lola!

CatCentric.org now has a Facebook page and Twitter account that will allow you to keep up with new posts and articles. "Like" the site or "Follow" the site today! Better yet, do both!  :-*

AC

FurkidParent is already following you on Twitter.   :D

Offline Auntie Crazy

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2011, 06:37:39 PM »
Ah! I wondered if that was you, Lola!!   :-)

Are you finding the posts interesting or informative so far?

AC

CatCentric.org: A feline nutrition, raw feeding, cat care, health & behavior blog & resource site.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2011, 06:47:22 PM »
Ah! I wondered if that was you, Lola!!   :-)

Are you finding the posts interesting or informative so far?

AC

Both!   :D

Offline Auntie Crazy

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2011, 07:25:50 PM »
That's good; I'm glad. Teasing out individual thoughts so as to update the blog enough to keep interest up is not as easy as I had anticipated!

AC

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2011, 01:41:04 PM »
I'm not much of a Facebook fan.  Tooooo many privacy issues.  I try to remember to sign in once in a while, but that is pretty much the extent of my use.
Twitter is hit and miss, but I hit it more often than Facebook.  :)  I use it more for fun...a quick read.  If my timeline is full of a bazillion tweets from a handful of Tweeters... I won't see what others may be Tweeting about.  So, I can't really "keep up" with anyone via Twitter.  I will sometimes go directly to a particular person and read just their tweets. 
For me, I prefer to go directly to a website and/or blog.  I also tend to keep up with a person that does NOT blog every day.  Not sure why though. 

Offline Auntie Crazy

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2011, 03:33:54 PM »
Unless I mutate into a genius with an infinite well of truly deep, thoughtful points, CatCentric will never be updated daily. My intention is to create a place for solid information, not "fluff"... there are already plenty of sites that contain funny videos and heart-warming stories! Currently, I post one random fact and one question & answer per week (or, rather, that's my goal), with hardcore articles interspersed as I finish them.

I created one "Feel Good Friday" post back in September, but I've since retired that feature. I wanted something light-hearted to balance the seriousness of the articles, but I think the current Random Facts and Q&A posts do that sufficiently well.

If you don't mind, the next time you're on FB, could you like CatCentric's page? I'm only asking because I'd like to make that page the go-place for discussions for CatCentric readers. At the moment, I'm getting emails and pms, but folks seem to be reluctant to write on the page... I'm thinking this might change if the fan base grows large enough (I'm at at sedate less than 30 at the moment).

I'm always signed into FB, but I'm with you on Twitter... it's just not as easy to see the value of that medium. I have a Twitter account and it's downloaded to my phone so I can peruse the feed when I'm waiting in some line or otherwise bored, but that's about all I use it for. Of course, CatCentric has a Twitter account, but that's only a good communication practice; those who do use Twitter expect it.

AC

Tags: