Author Topic: The endless search  (Read 1125 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
The endless search
« on: December 18, 2011, 02:24:50 PM »
So the search continues for some decent foods my kitten with the delicate digestive/bowel system will eat that her little body will tolerate.

Currently she's eating Castor&Pollux Chicken Veggie Stew.  I've never been thrilled with it, but her coat is nice, her stools are normal and her weight is good on this food. It doesn't have anything artificial, no dyes, no wheat or corn.  But, it does have some fish (cod) snuck in there,  it is rather low in protein (8.5%) and has spinach in it, and I want to get her away from so much spinach. The only other food I've found (and approve) she will eat, that doesn't make her sick is Before Grain beef, but she won't eat it a lot, only once in a while.

She's not really a kitten any more, she's 18 months old.  She still had that baby look until she lost her beloved boy, almost three weeks ago.  Now she's experienced loss, and all trace of baby face is gone, but her activity level is still that of a kitten.

What on earth am I going to feed my Baby Girl?  I'm not doing raw.  I don't have the space, knowledge or courage to do it myself, and feel that commercial raw carries just as much risk as any other commercial pet food, so why bother.

But I need to find some other foods, made in USA,  she'll eat that don't make her sick.  She loves Weruva and Soulistic, by the way, but any foods manufactured in Thailand make her sick. I don't know why, they just do.

And I won't feed fish foods either.

Tags: