Author Topic: Alternative to Cancer?  (Read 2938 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Alternative to Cancer?
« on: October 11, 2015, 05:41:39 PM »
http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2015/10/11/immunefx-pet-cancer-vaccine.aspx

Exciting News About a Vaccine to Treat Cancer in Pets

I want to make sure everyone listening and reading here today understands that ImmuneFx isn’t a vaccine in the traditional sense of the word.

We’re used to vaccines that are designed to protect against potential microbial invasion, in other words, preventive vaccines. ImmuneFx is different in that it is a therapeutic vaccine. “Vaccine” in this instance means the drug is designed to incite the immune system to fight something.

A very encouraging benefit of ImmuneFx is its apparent lack of side effects. Veterinarians have delivered over 1,200 doses to various breeds of cats, dogs, and horses, and have seen no adverse side effects.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Pookie

• Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Re: Alternative to Cancer?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 11:07:39 AM »
Thanks, DeeDee!  I wonder if this could have helped Pookie.   :'(  rainbow3
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 03:40:41 PM »
Thanks, DeeDee!  I wonder if this could have helped Pookie.   :'(  rainbow3

I wish we'd known about this sooner. It seems it's been available for a while now. It seems they might be doing humans soon too. I hope the FDA doesn't find a way to stop the research and making the medicine available!
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Pookie

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2015, 10:25:41 PM »
The comments to that article were very negative.  I can understand their viewpoint, that prevention is more important, and more information (long-term results) are needed, and chemicals, etc. aren't safe, but that said . . . for those of us who didn't know about proper nutrition, etc. in the beginning, and who's pets get cancer, what are we supposed to do?  Not everyone has access to a holistic vet.  I had contacted mine about Essiac tea, but she wouldn't "consult" over the phone.

I would have liked to know how long it takes for them to develop the "vaccine" from the biopsy taken.  Pookie had 7 weeks after his first vet visit.  I wonder if that would have been enough time, or if it was too late by then.   :-\

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2015, 12:01:50 AM »
Many of the negative comments I read seemed to not understand that this isn't a "vaccine" per se. Dr. Becker and the Dr's involved in the company seem to be using a bad choice of words--trying to use something that the general layperson would understand when it's so much more. I'd much rather see them use the term "____________ mediated cancer immunotherapy" than "vaccine."

Most people haven't even dreamed of the work they're using with gold nanoparticle mediated cancer immunotherapy on humans, much less dreamed of the research done on pets. However they HAVE heard of the damages of over-vaccination with humans AND animals.

Yet, you have all those naysayers citing vaccines and 10 to 20 years in the future when, let's get real here. Would their pet live 10 to 20 years more to even dream of adverse side effects showing up in the pet-research? Would they live even 10 to 20 years longer WITHOUT cancer?

You can do every, single thing on earth "right" but there is still going to be cancer. Research like this offers hope when in the past there wouldn't be any hope at all--even with toxic treatments like chemo around. IMO, immunotherapy is the future of hope to lengthening SO many lives affected by cancer, and that's why so many trials are being done now with these personalized drugs.

On the off-note, if this company ever goes public, their stock will be in my portfolio. Never bought into a drug company before, but I'd like to have some of this.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2015, 05:01:34 AM »
I don't understand. I've read the article twice and I still don't understand.

I've now read the comments.  Being a skeptic cynical type myself I lean more toward the negative reactions.

I'm not a fan of big pharma. I trust medical and drug researches about as much as I trust pet food manufacturers. And I'm definitely not a fan of jumping into "exciting new treatments".

Having said all that, I don't know if it is something I would try with a pet or not. I guess I'll have to wait and see if ever faced with the choice.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2015, 11:55:56 AM »
With Dannyboy, I'd have tried anything--except putting him through chemo hell or more surgery itself.

We're trying the "everything right route" with V&B, but who's to say that one of them won't get it (especially Vlad)? If that occurs I'll try this then along with things like Essiac and other natural immune boosters. I'll also be going to Canada to find that 714-X that Billy Best used.

The targeted, customized treatments for people has just been too promising for me to discount this kind of personalized therapy.

Offline Pookie

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2015, 07:43:15 PM »
Yet, you have all those naysayers citing vaccines and 10 to 20 years in the future when, let's get real here. Would their pet live 10 to 20 years more to even dream of adverse side effects showing up in the pet-research? Would they live even 10 to 20 years longer WITHOUT cancer?

Exactly.  Pookie was almost 12 when cancer took him.  If something like this could have "cured" him, he might have had a few more years, but I doubt he would have had more than 10.  I would have done almost anything to save him if it wasn't something toxic like chemo.

I don't understand. I've read the article twice and I still don't understand.

This is not a vaccine in the sense of something like rabies, where you give it to prevent disease.  My understanding is this is something that would be used in pets already diagnosed with cancer.  In a nutshell, this "vaccine" stimulates the immune system into attacking the cancer cells by using a protein found on the surface of those cells.  Giving it to the patient triggers the immune system to look for those proteins, which are only on the cancer cells, and attack them.  That gives the body the chance to destroy the cancer.

I'm not a fan of big pharma, either.  And it could very well be that this isn't something for humans, because it may have very bad side effects down the road.  But to DeeDee's point, would a pet that has cancer ever even experience any side effects, given the shorter life span that they have?  At the end of the day, it's a very personal decision.  This is just another option for pet parents to consider if, heaven forbid, their pet is diagnosed with cancer.

With Dannyboy, I'd have tried anything--except putting him through chemo hell or more surgery itself.

I'm right there with ya.  I couldn't and didn't put Pookie through that, either.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2015, 05:09:13 AM »
Thanks for the explanation Pookie, yes I understand now.  I know someone whose cat went through chemo and he tolerated it very well.  Wait, come to think of it I know two cats, one with intesitnal lymphoma, and one with mammary cancer. The intestinal lymphoma cat is still a live and doing well, I've lost touch with the person with the mammary cancer cat.  Both were more than 3 or 4 years ago though.

But it is not something I would likely choose to do at this period in my life.

Tags: