Author Topic: Does anyone here use Mac?  (Read 1037 times)

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Does anyone here use Mac?
« on: February 04, 2016, 09:15:43 PM »
At work or home, I've always used Windows (at work, it wasn't optional).  I was chatting with someone today and got the impression they had a job opening.  They asked if I knew how to use a Mac, which I had to reply, No, but I can learn.  So my question is:  for anyone here who has used both Mac and Windows, is it hard to learn Mac or is it fairly intuitive?  Is it similar (e.g. toolbars, etc.) to Windows?

Thanks in advance!   :-* :-* HeadButt HeadButt
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Does anyone here use Mac?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 09:55:39 PM »
I've never had any problems with my youngest son's Macbook. I had to be able to use Macs when sons were in school though, and those "computer mom" required classes were a snooze for me because they were so easy. I generally sat there in the back of the room reading a book. With a basic understanding of file hierarchy, I doubt you have any problems.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Does anyone here use Mac?
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 02:06:57 AM »
I have an iMac.  Bought one a few years ago.  For a long time I used my iMac and a PC at home.  I have both on my desk.  I now pretty much just use the Mac. 
At work I use Windows.  I have no issues using either... or going back and forth from one to the other. 

The most simple explanation... no different than driving my car or a friend's car.  They are basically the same, but different.  :)
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: