Author Topic: Happy 13th Birthday, Lilly!  (Read 6697 times)

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Re: Happy 12th Birthday To Our LILLY!
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2018, 08:26:41 AM »
We did sing Happy Birthday to her.  With her being a talker... she joined in.  Or maybe she was asking us to stop...

funny2

Happy 13th Birthday, Lilly!   birthday1
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: Happy 13th Birthday, Lilly!
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2018, 05:45:31 AM »
What's Lilly's story, please?

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2018, 09:17:05 PM »
I've mentioned Lilly's story at some point and time.  Who knows where.  lol

Lilly belonged to my best friend.  She wasn't exactly fond of me.  Just seeing me, she would hiss and attempt to bite if I got too close. 
Best friend passed away.  I got Lilly.
We re-homed her twice. 
Twice she was given back.
Last time we got her back, her and I had a little talk about her behavior and living arrangements.  :)

Fast forward...
Lilly is a SWEETHEART.  She doesn't hiss, spit, or attempt to bite me or anyone!  When she sleeps with me or hubby, she will snuggle in reallllly close and will always have one paw touching us.  If I put my arm under my head, she will use my elbow area as her pillow...where we are face to face.  I feel TERRIBLE moving my arm, or making her move.  It is either that, or I die in my sleep.  Silly7

The first time Lilly ever showed me affection was when Leonard was put down.  I was in bed crying.  Lilly licked my tears. That made me cry more.

Lilly and Jenkins are buddies.  Actually, Jenkins' whole reason for living is Lilly.  No exaggeration.  Lilly adores him, but not to the extent that he adores her.  If he was a human, he would need to take a course on sexual harassment.  He keeps very close tabs on her.  He lights up and squeaks (the only way I can think to describe it), when she enters a room.

When Lilly has had enough of Jenkins, she will go lay on a cat tree bed that only has room for one cat.

You might remember... Jenkins isn't a people person.  We couldn't touch him for a VERY long time.  Maybe a year.  If we were able to get in a fast pet, he would hiss and spit as he ran away. 
His desire to be close to Lilly is what gave us the "in" with him.   ;D  She would be close to us, so he would have to "take a chance on us" in order to be with her.  Jenkins would make sure that Lilly was between him and us.  BUT we could reach him.  We would give him quick short pets. He decided the pets felt good, and would allow us to pet him a bit longer.  He is still a work in progress.

Lilly is a MAJOR talker.  She talks to hubby in the mornings.  She talks to me when I get home from work.  We have "conversations" quite often throughout the day.  I understand her "tone"... usually.  One time she wanted me to open the door to the outside enclosure.  I wasn't getting it.  I was in the kitchen, and she was talking to me... as she was walking away from me.  She did this a few times.  Each time her tone would get louder and deeper.  I think she was getting a bit frustrated with me.  The light bulb went on... she wanted me to follow her down the hall.  I did.  She walked up to the cat door and meowed.  I opened the door.  She thanked me.

Lilly LOVES to play a cat game that I have on my iPad.  A mouse runs around.  When she taps the mouse, the mouse squeaks.  She likes her own time on the iPad.  If other cats join in, she grabs (with her teeth) my iPad and drags it off.  If you are wondering... she has never left a bite mark on it or scratched the screen.  She plays very nice with my iPad.  She just doesn't play well with others.   Silly7

« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 09:24:04 PM by Lola »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2018, 08:59:51 AM »
Thank you so much for telling about Lilly!  What a great story!  I knew about Jenkins, I remember his story and his attachment to Lilly, but I couldn't remember where she came from.  What a clever girl! Some of what you say remands me of Mazy cat. She's an intense communicator too, and doesn't give up until I get it.

Offline ThreeStep

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2018, 01:03:35 PM »
They speak more English then they let on. Great story.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2018, 01:16:09 PM »
They speak more English then they let on. Great story.

I've always believed this too. And some cats more than others.

Offline ThreeStep

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2018, 06:11:49 PM »
I've always believed this too. And some cats more than others.

Izzi has an accent but I cannot quite place it yet.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2018, 06:32:52 PM »
Izzi has an accent but I cannot quite place it yet.

Love it!

Italian?  She does seem to have that Sophia Loren siren thing going on somehow....

Tags: