Author Topic: When someone tells you. . .  (Read 795 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
When someone tells you. . .
« on: April 27, 2017, 12:27:55 PM »
If anyone tells you that smoked bones for your dog aren't cooked, they're confused.

The oldest way to make jerky is to smoke it. It's cooked. The smoke ends up dehydrating it, and the only moisture you'll find will be any fat that's left. Fat feels wet, but it's really just greasy.

So, any company that says that smoked bones aren't cooked isn't telling the whole truth. They might as well put it in a dehydrating machine and go from there.

Smoked bones ARE in cooked form. Smoked bones WILL splinter. Smoked bones can do the same damage to teeth, stomachs and intestines as bones cooked in your oven. Just don't do it.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: When someone tells you. . .
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 03:47:59 PM »
 thumbsup1 thumbsup1 thumbsup1 thumbsup1 thumbsup1

Had an argument about that with a dog owner in a forum I no longer post in.  I hope she never fed her dogs the bones, but I don't know, I don't go there anymore.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: When someone tells you. . .
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 04:20:57 PM »
thumbsup1 thumbsup1 thumbsup1 thumbsup1 thumbsup1

Had an argument about that with a dog owner in a forum I no longer post in.  I hope she never fed her dogs the bones, but I don't know, I don't go there anymore.

Yeah. Well technically they aren't "cooked" as in boiling or baking with some kind of higher heat. But so many people just do NOT realize that smoking cooks. If smoking didn't cook, they couldn't have eaten jerky ages ago.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Tags: