Author Topic: Rescue Remedy sleep remedy  (Read 1333 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Rescue Remedy sleep remedy
« on: April 28, 2017, 05:48:30 AM »
I've actually been getting some benefit from this after all.  I don't take it nightly.  One of the things it's supposed to help with is "repetitive thoughts" So that's when I use it. When I've got one of those obnoxious song stuck in head things going on.  It really seems to work for that.

I'm not sure it it actually helps me sleep, because I am a poor sleeper and nothing ever seems to change that.  But it really does seem to get rid of that song-stuck-in-head phenom.

https://smile.amazon.com/Bach-Rescue-Natural-Capsules-Sleeping/dp/B004151F8Q/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1493376432&sr=8-2&keywords=rescue+remedy+sleep

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Re: Rescue Remedy sleep remedy
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 12:20:07 PM »
I'm glad it helps!   Hug1
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 01:57:48 PM »
I have repetitive dreams also.   Usually it is something that is bothering me... I dream about it.  I wake up.  Go back to sleep... dream about it again.  All night long... it seems.  I wake up exhausted.  Do you experience carp like that, MC? 

Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 04:39:17 PM »
I have repetitive dreams also.   Usually it is something that is bothering me... I dream about it.  I wake up.  Go back to sleep... dream about it again.  All night long... it seems.  I wake up exhausted.  Do you experience carp like that, MC? 

Yes, all my life, but that's not what I meant here.  I have this..affliction.  If I hear a song, almost any song, but usually one I know know only a line or two of, it lodges in my head,  I can't get rid of it.  I know that happens to everyone now and then, but it happens to me all the time.  All. The. Time. I live in fear of catching a fragment of tune from a passing car, or from being in a store. No matter what I am doing, that song will be there, running through my head.

It happens with thoughts too, but songs are the worst. If something is bothering me, and no matter what I try to think about, it won't leave my head, and the words go round and round and round.

Dreams - I've had repeat nightmares all my life. Horrific things.

I am sorry to know you have things like that too.  What causes this?  Just..stress? Well, not the nightmares, I've had those since I was born.  My mother told me I had night terrors all through babyhood and started walking in my sleep by the time I was three.

But the repeptive thoughts/song thing, obviously many must suffer from it, since they make remedies for it.  I hope the RR keeps helping with the song thing.  It's a great relief, so far.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 04:44:20 PM »
I understood what you meant.  :)  I was just curious, if you had the repetitive thoughts.... did you also have the repetitive dreams. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 05:03:07 PM »
Okay I get it now.  :) Well sounds like we both struggle with that.  Have you tried the RR? You know when I first bought that stuff I tried it a time or two and it did not appear to help my sleep at all.  So I gave up on it.  but one night when I was having that song stuck in head thing, I remembered that the stuff listed the repetitive thoughts on it's things it helps.  In desperation I got up, put on my glasses, stumbled into the kitchen, and took one.  It must have worked because when I got up in the morning I realized the song was gone.

Sometimes, when I realize the song is gone, ugh, I'll find my mind SEARCHING for it. And when I do that it often comes back.  I don't know how to stop that, because that happens during the day.

Tags: