Author Topic: Here is a shocking example of legal animal abuse-  (Read 1084 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Here is a shocking example of legal animal abuse-
« on: June 06, 2017, 07:33:06 PM »
Using toe amputation ("declawing") of cats to test the efficacy of pain medications.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5259973/pdf/12917_2017_Article_943.pdf

Quote from City The Kitty

These unethical humans used some of their cats that were purpose-bred laboratory cats from their colony and amputated the toes and claws on ONE paw, then did a washout/crossover, and 2 weeks later amputated the toes and claws on the cat’s other paw. Whatever treatment they got (Simbadol or nothing) the first time, they got the opposite the second.

These horrible human beings didn't just use a force plate analysis, they made the cats JUMP DOWN onto the force plate to measure how much weight they put on which paw. They concluded that (1) drugs good.

I quoted City, because I can't bring myself to read the paper.  I think it might make me..I don't know lose my mind with fury.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Here is a shocking example of legal animal abuse-
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 08:04:41 PM »
 thumbsup1

My stomach isn't up for reading the whole thing tonight.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Here is a shocking example of legal animal abuse-
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 06:28:07 PM »
thumbsup1

My stomach isn't up for reading the whole thing tonight.

I agree.  Just the little bit that is posted... beyond disgusting! 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: