Author Topic: This Food Additive Pushed My Rottie Into Liver Failure-Don't Let It Happen 2 You  (Read 622 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
This Food Additive Pushed My Rottie Into Liver Failure - Don't Let It Happen to You

Story at-a-glance

*Fish is a popular ingredient in commercial pet food; unfortunately, most fish is contaminated with mercury, industrial chemicals and toxic preservatives

*A recent study revealed that many commercial dog and cat foods contain high levels of mercury, especially formulas containing fish

*Much of the fish meal used in pet food is preserved with ethoxyquin, a cancer-causing agent

*My recommendation is to avoid feeding fish to your dog or cat, with the exception of sardines packed in water

*Be sure to supplement your pet’s diet with a high-quality omega-3 fatty acid like krill oil

Read it at: https://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2017/10/14/mercury-toxins-pet-food.aspx
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Tags: