Author Topic: THE Litter Box!!  (Read 5730 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
THE Litter Box!!
« on: April 19, 2018, 01:13:33 PM »
We have 7 litter boxes.  5 are not covered.  Just the way litter boxes should be.   Silly7

However, we have two boxes in an enclosed area.  If I put open boxes in that area, the cats pee allllll over the walls and such.  I am GUESSING because the area is enclosed, they assume the ENTIRE area is a litter box!

Therefore, the two boxes in the enclosed area are boxes with lids. Yes, I have to have boxes in that area of the house.  For my peace of mind...and Roxy's. 

Now, on to my reason for this post.   Silly7   Mannnny years ago, I purchased a very large covered litter box.  It is a true x-large litter box.  It is EASY to clean.  The lid also snaps on REALLY well.  The way the lid fits the box, there is no way for potty to get between the lid and box.  Nothing is more pleasant then pee getting between the lid and box, and dripping down the box onto the floor.  OR pee that "sticks" between the lid and box.  Sometimes the cats are so talented they can "shoot" pee through the teeny tiny holes, where the lid snaps onto the box. 

I don't normally keep litter boxes for "many" years.  They don't last that long.  The "perfect box" did!  It is in the same condition now, that other boxes are... that are only maybe a year old.  It is THAT good.   :)

I have purchased a bazillion different litter boxes over the years.  They all have qualities that I like, and qualities that I don't like.  None are ever the perfect box.  I never could find the "perfect box" again.  I tried.

A few days ago, I was looking at Bed, Bath And Beyond (online) for something... stumbled on litter boxes.  I wasn't expecting a place, with that name, to carry litter boxes.  Out of curiosity, I looked.  (You probably know where this is headed!). OH MY GOSH... I THINK that is "THE" box!!!  I got beyond excited!!  That must be where the "Beyond" comes in .. in the company name.   Silly7

Wow, was the box ever expensive though.  Over 50 bucks!  It WAS an awesome box, but... 50 bucks?  I "need" two.  Yikes!!! 

I checked Amazon.  It was more expensive there.  I checked around a few more places.  Nope. 

Okay, I have to make a 50 dollar litter box make sense in my head.... hmmmmm... times TWO.   :o

Not as difficult as I thought... I think "the perfect box" is over 10 years old!  Buying two new boxes every year equals.... wow!  This WILL be money well spent!  Silly7

I ordered two.  They arrived yesterday.  I opened the package very slowly... didn't want to get my hopes up... it has been a lot of years... this may not be THE one....

It is!  It is THE box!!!!  BanWooHoo

I head to the computer to order two more.  I like to have two "sets" of litter boxes.   Yes, I know that is crazy... but it MY head... it works. 

Before I get to Bed, Bath, And Beyond...  I get sidetracked... next thing I know, I am online at https://www.drsfostersmith.com.  I don't know how I got there... I don't think I have ever bought from that company.  I don't have an account...

I check the website for "THE" litter box.  What do ya know... they carry them.  AND they are LESS than half the price, that I paid at the other place!  I order 4.  The 4 were 75.00 less!

Back to the living room I go.  Pack back up litter boxes, and get them ready to return. 

I think I will wait until new order arrives, just to be sure...  Silly7

I am SURE you are all thinking... GIVE US A LINK TO THE PERFECT BOX!!!!!!

The one from Bed, yada, yada.... the is for sure it: 
x-Large (if the link doesn't take you right to it)  https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/marchioro-bill-1f-brown-deluxe-cat-litter-box/3260106?Keyword=litter%20box

The box at Dr Foster's.  It looks to be the same, even though model numbers are different.  Same brand.  Same dimensions.  Model 2F: 17.75" x 22.5" x 18.75" high.  Brown.
https://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3261+1926+19119+28745&pcatid=28745

PS
I don't use little box doors.  The box didn't come with the door installed, so nothing to remove.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 01:36:54 PM by Lola »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
THE Litter Box!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 01:22:05 PM »
I can't imagine never cleaning pee off the OUTside of a litter box ever again.  Or having to wipe down the "lip" between the box itself and the lid.  Life is good...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 01:30:23 PM by Lola »

Offline ThreeStep

• Motor Mouth
Re: THE Litter Box!!
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 02:06:53 PM »
I really envy you. No luck with covered boxes here:(

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 02:55:02 PM »
I really envy you. No luck with covered boxes here:(

I 100% do NOT recommend covered litter boxes... just to be clear.  :)
If it wasn't for that ONE location, none of the boxes would be covered. 

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 06:15:31 PM »
Congratulations!  multistars multistars

Confession:  I had a box similar to that (no lid, no vents on side -- vents were in the top/roof with a filter that went through the holes).  Since that was the only box my kitties had (after they outgrew the basic box -- they were kicking the litter out of the thing), peeing on walls, etc. was never an issue.  Pookie was a clever kitty -- he would turn around and stick his head out while he did his business.  I never realized how lucky I was to not have wet walls until I read your post.  Enjoy THE boxes!
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Administrator
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2018, 02:26:53 PM »
Have you gotten the new ones yet, and are they the same? If they are, I'll order two of them myself. Buddy's constantly missing because he feels the need to pee right on the side of the box instead of in the middle where it makes sense. And I would like to put one on the far side of the house where currently there isn't one, but being as it's "technically" my dining room, an open box just ain't gonna cut it.
Brandon

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2018, 01:21:04 PM »
Have you gotten the new ones yet, and are they the same? If they are, I'll order two of them myself. Buddy's constantly missing because he feels the need to pee right on the side of the box instead of in the middle where it makes sense. And I would like to put one on the far side of the house where currently there isn't one, but being as it's "technically" my dining room, an open box just ain't gonna cut it.

They come Friday.  I will let you know.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2018, 10:26:51 AM »

It looks to be the same EXACT littler box. 

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Administrator
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2018, 12:38:01 PM »
Awesome, I'll have to order two when I get home. Thanks!
Brandon

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2018, 06:18:05 PM »
Did you get one (or two), Brandon?

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Administrator
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2018, 02:26:56 PM »
Gah... I keep forgetting to order. *runs off to do it right NOW*
Brandon

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2018, 02:36:17 PM »
Gah... I keep forgetting to order. *runs off to do it right NOW*

Hope it is THE litter box for you and your kitties as well.  Meaning... hope I didn't talk it up too much, and you (and kitties) are disappointed.   :o

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Administrator
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2018, 01:33:43 PM »
Appears the link takes you to replacement filters for some box now, not the box itself anymore.
Brandon

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2018, 02:25:23 PM »
I checked my account.  Pretended I wanted to re-order.  Not available anymore.  :(

I wonder if DrsFosterSmith figured out that they were WAY cheaper then everyone else?

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Administrator
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2018, 02:29:37 PM »
Crap. Horrible procrastination strikes again.
Brandon

Tags: